The 4th Anti-Money Laundering Directive expands the Third Directive by broadening AML oversight to include new areas such as external threats to domestic markets, while introducing more stringent rules regarding ultimate beneficial ownership. That in turn will require intensifying compliance efforts in areas like correspondent banking and asset management. In this webinar, expert panelists detail smart strategies for incorporating the Fourth Directive initiatives into existing compliance functions.
• Introduction of the concept of the Risk Based Approach
• Enhanced beneficial ownership requirement; Adapting CDD models and record-keeping
• Changes in the treatment of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) – Ensuring compliance models and best practices
• Changes in policies and procedures
• Changes in the penalties regime
• Changes in the cash payments
• Risk assessments that includes cross-border threats to domestic markets
Who should attend:
Compliance and AML Compliance officers of Banks, Funds, Fund Managers, CIFs, FX, Binary Options and IFs. Also consultancy and fiduciary services providers catering towards the financial services sector.
What will you learn
• Understanding money laundering and terrorist financing, and the sanctions against said practices
• How financial Institutions are vulnerable to money laundering and terrorist financing
• Practical Examples
• Legal and Regulatory Framework
• Reporting obligations of staff and risk-based approach
• Case studies from Cyprus and Abroad
DATES: 16, 17 April
DURATION: 6 Hours
CPD UNITS: 6
LOCATION: EIMF Premises, Nicosia
TIME: 17:00 – 20:30
FEES: €180 + VAT
|Start Date||Course Title||Location||CPD Units||Status|
|23 January||AML 4th Directive||Nicosia||6||COMPLETED|
|20 Feb||AML Series: KYC and Customer Due Diligence for Investment Firms||Limassol||5||COMPLETED|
|20 February||AML Series: AML Fundamentals||Limassol||COMPLETED|
|24 February||CAMS Examination Preparation Course: Become a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS AML Series)||Nicosia||14||COMPLETED|
|9 March||AML Series: Setting Up Client Onboarding Procedures for Investment Firms||Limassol||COMPLETED|
|28 March||AML Series: Risk Based AML and Compliance||Limassol||5||UPCOMING|
|16 April||AML 4th Directive||Nicosia||6||UPCOMING|
|19 May||AML 4th Directive||Limassol||6||UPCOMING|
|6 June||KYC and Customer Due Diligence for Investment Firms||Nicosia||5||UPCOMING|
|9 June||AML series: CAMS Examination Preparation Course: Become a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS)||Nicosia||14||UPCOMING|
If you need help completing the online registration form, please give us a call at 2227 4470 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructor: Mr Alexis Kartalis
Mr. A. Kartalis was born in Athens in 1968. He graduated from the Department of Statistics of Athens University of Economics and Business (ex A.S.O.E.E) in 1991. In 2003 he got an MBA in Finance from ESCEM. He is a certified derivatives clearer.
He started his career from Citibank Athens, where he worked from 1994 till 1997. From 1997 till 2012 he worked at BNP Paribas Securities Services Athens, initially as Head of Securities Operations and then as General Manager.
From September 2013 till today he works as General Manager in GMM Global Money Managers Ltd, a Cypriot mutual funds management company.
He is married and he has two children, while he systematically practices in long distance running