The benchmark of learning for advisers across the global market place
Designed for financial advisers and insurance agents, this single-unit Award provides a solid grounding in the core financial and life assurance products and offers guidance on what constitutes professional practice, thereby providing a framework for ethical behaviour.
With over 6,500 holders to date across 80 countries, the Award in Financial Planning is the benchmark qualification for this sector.
The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
As the premier professional body for the insurance and financial planning professions, the CII promotes higher standards of integrity, technical competence and business capability. With over 120,000 members in more than 150 countries, the CII is the world’s largest professional body dedicated to these sectors. Success in CII qualifications is universally recognised as evidence of knowledge and understanding. Membership of the CII signals a desire to develop broad professional capability and subscribe to the standards associated with professional status. The CII works with businesses to develop bespoke, company-wide solutions that ensure competitive advantage by enhancing employees’ technical and professional competence. Individually, CII’s members are able to drive their personal development and maintain their professional standing through an unrivalled range of learning services and by adhering to the CII’s Code of Ethics.
Why the Award for Financial Planning
- Upon completion, CII members are eligible to use the designation ‘CII (Award)’. Continuing Professional Development requirements apply.
- On passing the exam, you will hold one of the three Awards needed to complete the Certificate in Insurance and Financial Services.
- Provide 15 Certificate-level credits towards completion of the CII’s higher level qualifications (subject to completion requirements and excluding the Certificate in Insurance which is subject to UK regulation).
Is the Award suitable for me?
- The Award is open to anyone working outside the UK in the insurance and financial services sector irrespective of educational background or experience.
- In a growing number of territories, the Awards meet the regulatory qualification requirements relevant to advisers.
- In other non-regulated environments they frequently provide a development pathway where no local educational and professional provision is available.
Your next step
Upon completion, CII members are eligible to use the designation ‘CII (Award)’. Continuing Professional Development requirements apply.