Consultative Sales for the Financial Services Sector
Name: Consultative Sales for Forex Sector
Component: 2 Seminar Presentations
Duration: 14 hours
One of the most common mistakes that ineffective sales persons make is trying to sell something to a customer before he or she knows what the customer wants to purchase.
This approach often sets up a confrontational tug of war in which the sales rep keeps pushing products and the customer keeps backing away. This is a recipe for disaster; at the very least, it is a prescription for a low closing rate.
In the financial services sector which is regulated and selling of financial products must be done within a framework of regulations and restrictions, people involved in sales and retention of clients are faced with a difficult task; keep a high success rate and promote their product in an efficient way while being compliant with the relevant law.
During this highly interactive, hands on sales training course, participants will learn through a challenging array of concepts and activities to help them quickly gain a clear understanding of your customer’s needs, interests, problems and issues while remaining within the legal and ethical issues involved in financial services sector selling
Participants will learn to:
- Take advantage of the importance of a value approach in building a successful customer relationship
- Demonstrate the telephone and internet Relationship Selling process
- Sell long-term relationships rather than low bids
- Utilize questioning skills to listen to clients and identify their needs, instead of just pitching your products
- Identify and understand different buyer types and behaviors, so the sales process moves along more smoothly
- Differentiate your product/service and your company from your competition
- Employ the top 10 successful closing techniques, and know when and how to use them
- Offer new opportunities that add value to your client’s business needs
- Offer creative solutions and options for mutual gain
- Use post-sales measurements to share data with sales management
- Practice the skills to identify when and why buyers buy to be able to increase sales
The candidates who will complete the program successfully will be awarded a ‘Certificate of Training’, stating that the Cyprus Human Resource development Authority approves the program
Introduction and objectives – the characteristics of the financial service sector products
Where are you now? What is working and what is not working from a sales perspective in your business today?
- What is your business objective?
Consultative Selling: A Model for Sales Success
Practical group exercise
What are you selling to who and how? How to define a simple but effective sales strategy to make sure you are doing all the right things.
- What are you selling?
- Who are you selling to?
- How are you selling? What resources will you use?
- Call Preparation (Self Preparation and Call Preparation)
- Opening the Call/Making the Connection
- Probing and Uncovering Customer Needs
Understanding customer’s motivations to buy – different buyers types
- Why customers buy
- Problem, feature, benefit
- Value propositions
- Buyer types
How to attract customers? Using customer magnets to attract potential customers to your business.
- Customer magnets
- Using customer magnets
- Combining magnets into campaigns
- Telling the story where potential customers will be listening and in the way they want to hear it
- Creating sales copy that sells
Ethical issues in selling financial products
- How to advice clients
- Who makes the final decision
- What information must be presented – Regulatory framework
How to turn prospects into customers? Using a sales process to systematically lead customers from casual interest to being ready to make a buying decision.
- Understand and describe your sales process
- Understand and describe your sales funnel
- Keeping records – use of CRM
How will you conclude good sales? How to ask for a decision, basic negotiating skills to protect and grow your profitability.
- Understand where you are in the sales cycle
- Asking for a decision
- Negotiation framework
Review and wrap up
- Individual action plans
- Questions and answers