04 Aug CySEC Increased Training Requirements for 2017
September is fast approaching and we are entering the final stretch for the year, a time period traditionally reserved to take stock and action on our staff’s training requirements.
This year however things are different, as CySEC has increased its requirements for 2017 compared to previous years, either by increasing established requirements or introducing new ones.
This year, members of the Public Registry of Certified Persons holding the Basic Examination are required to complete 10 CPD hours (instead of 5) and those holding the Advance Examination are required to complete 15 CPD hours (instead of 10).
We are proud to say that we have the most complete and interesting CPD calendar with the largest number of titles in the market. Our prices are also very competitive, and please enquire about our group discounts.
Furthermore, another very important new introduction by CySEC this year was Circular C181, which deals with the professional competence and knowledge of the people working in the sector.
In short, C181 introduces 2 requirements:
- People in Sales/Retention/Customer Relations and everyone who provides information on Company’s Products or who promote Company’s services need to sit the CySEC’s Basic Examination.
- Same people need to obtain knowledge on the fundamentals of the sector, as per 10 listed items on the same circular.
This year Compliance Officers of Investment Firms need to attain the Advanced Examination. However, there has been a tremendous increase in requests by CySEC for Compliance Officers of ASPs as well, since the anticipated upcoming examination is again postponed for a later date.
Also, increased scrutiny on the knowledge and competence of Compliance Officers has lead to an increasing need of their training requirements. These can be covered by attending our CPD courses.
- Our CySEC Examination Preparation Courses are one of our most popular offerings, with very high pass rates, mock exams, sample questions etc. The first Basic Exam Prep Course starts on 20 September, Click Here for more details.
- Point 2 of C181 is fully covered by our course International Introduction to Securities and Investments, that will take place in Limassol on 5, 6 October, Click Here for more details.
- As per above, our CySEC Exam Prep Courses are incredibly popular, and our first Advanced Examination Course starts on 3 October, Click Here for more details.
- The course also covers the content for the CISI Examination of the same name, thus offering participants an opportunity to take the examination and attain a globally recognised Certification, should they wish.
- To view our workshops and courses that cover CPDs for CySEC please Click Here
- To view all our Upcoming Courses, please visit our Online Training Calendar.