The European Institute of Management and Finance is organising an AML course that will analyse the set standards and disciplines emanating from the regulatory and legislative framework in Cyprus pertaining to the Prevention and Suppression of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing.
• Part I – Introductory Provisions
• Part II – Confiscation orders, interim orders and other measures
• Confiscation orders
• Temporary orders
• Other measures
• Part III – Reconsideration and revision of confiscation orders
• Part IV – International co-operation and co-operation with member states
• Part V – Orders for the disclosure of information
• Part VI – Summary inquiry
• Part VII – Unit for combatting money laundering, advisory authority for combating money laundering
• Part VIII – Special provisions in respect of financial and other business activities
• Directive 144-2007-08 of 2011
• Case studies
Who should attend:
Compliance and AML Compliance officers of Banks, Funds, Fund Managers, CIFs, FX, Binary Options and IFs. Also consultancy and fiduciary services providers catering towards the financial services sector.
What will you learn
• Understanding money laundering and terrorist financing, and the sanctions against said practices
• How financial Institutions are vulnerable to money laundering and terrorist financing
• Practical Examples
• Legal and Regulatory Framework
• Reporting obligations of staff and risk-based approach
• Case studies from Cyprus and Abroad
Instructor: Mr Frixos Zembylas
Frixos Zembylas is a certified public accountant and a registered auditor, member of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) and the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus (ICPAC).
An experienced professional in the subject; with a long term career in a Big 4 firm, over the years he has acquired different competencies which are used in his trainings.
Teaching as a part-time lecturer for the University of West London, and an external tutor with EY Academy of Business in Europe and Middle East.
During 11 years of professional experience in Finance he has offered services to private and public companies within the European Union and also to Ukraine, Russia, Serbia, Albania, Bulgaria in the areas of audit, tax structuring, banking and IT.
A founding partner of an Audit and Accounting firm based in Cyprus, having the role of the Managing Director.
He has teaching experience in the GCC region, through the business and professional training sessions organized by EY Academy of Business in the MENA region. The subjects mainly that he taught in GCC countries are International Financial Reporting Standers, Finance for Non Finance Managers, Due Diligence, Strategy and Planning and specialized areas of Audit.
DATES: 10/11/2015, & 11/11/2015
DURATION: 10 Hours
TIME: 16:00 - 21:15
FEES: €140 +19% VAT
Register Your Interest
If you would like to discuss bringing this or another topic to your organization on an in-house basis please call us at 22274470 or email us at email@example.com.