EIMF subject-matter experts deliver engaging and interactive courses across a broad spectrum of areas, that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own chosen environment. Read more
The mission of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) is to exercise adequate supervision over the firms it regulates to ensure robust investor protection. In 2019, as part of their supervisory priorities, CySEC announced that it would, among other areas, conduct a thematic review of the product requirements implemented by firms including the disclosures required for retail clients.
This seminar will provide participants with an overview of the regulatory requirements and assess what these requirements practically mean for firms.
By attending this course participants will be able to:
- Clarify fundamental regulatory principles that firms should review concerning the product governance framework, including governance; management oversight; roles & responsibilities; and process
- Identify possible elements and controls which improve the quality of a firm’s oversight of product governance
- State the product approval obligation on firms acting as manufacturers, distributors and intermediaries
- Analyse the practical considerations for investor protection, including target market; fair value; customer needs; and terms and processes
Product Governance Manufacturers & Distributors
This part of the webinar will consider the regulatory requirements implemented by MiFID II:
- State the product approval obligation on firms acting as Manufacturers and Distributors.
- Explain the National Competent Authorities (NCA’s) product intervention powers and consideration for complex and non-complex products.
- Describe the impact of relationships with third-country manufacturers
- Clarify the practical considerations for investor protection, including target market; fair value; customer needs; and terms and processes
Product Governance Oversight
This part of the webinar will discuss the management oversight for the product governance regime:
- Summarise the requirement to review products regularly to assess whether the product remains consistent with the needs of the target market of the product
- Examine critical issues concerning reputational risk including operational risk, a lack of transparent policies, procedures and processes
This seminar is designed to be participative throughout. The agenda will combine key formal presentations, case studies and group discussion sessions. There will be ample opportunity for participants to benchmark experiences with industry peers and raise issues of most concern to their organisation, either confidentially or in open session.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Who should attend
This seminar will be of benefit to anyone who is likely to be affected by the by MiFID II – Product Governance Regime, including:
- Senior management
- Lawyers and legal personnel
- Compliance Managers and Officers
- Auditing and other third line assurance functions
- Front line personnel