The benchmark of learning for advisers across the global market place
The Award in Financial Planning is a single-unit qualification which provides a solid grounding in the core financial products and offers guidance on what constitutes professional practice, thereby providing a framework for ethical behaviour.
With over 6,500 holders to date across 80 countries, the Award in Financial Planning is the benchmark qualification for this sector.
What you will learn
- Financial Planning Process
- Investment Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Insurance Planning
- Taxation and Estate Planning
- Ethics of a Financial Planning Professional
- The client’s needs
- The fact-finding process
- Good practice
- Protection products
- Savings and investment products
- Pension products
Is the Award suitable for me?
- The Award is open to anyone working in the insurance and financial services sector irrespective of educational background or experience.
- In a growing number of territories, the Awards meet the regulatory qualification requirements relevant to advisers.
- In other non-regulated environments they frequently provide a development pathway where no local educational and professional provision is available.
The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
As the premier professional body for the financial services profession, the CII promotes higher standards of integrity, technical competence and business capability. With over 115,000 members in more than 150 countries, the CII is the world’s largest professional body dedicated to this sector.
Why the Award for Financial Planning
- Upon completion, CII members are eligible to use the designation ‘CII (Award)’.
- On passing the exam, you will hold one of the three Awards needed to complete the Certificate in Insurance and Financial Services.
- Provide 15 Certificate-level credits towards completion of the CII’s higher-level qualifications
Participants will receive a certificate for successful completion of the course indicating all topics covered
CII Examination (optional)
- CII exam fees apply
- 2-hour exam
- 75 multiple choice questions
- 70% nominal pass mark
Download full syllabus here add the link on the word here