The benchmark of learning for advisers across the global market place
This single-unit qualification is designed to help experienced advisers develop and demonstrate their knowledge of investment products. It also covers what constitutes sound professional practice, thereby providing a framework for ethical behaviour.
- At the end of this unit, candidates will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- main macro-economic factors that impact upon investment returns;
- cash deposits, government securities and corporate bonds;
- equity-based investment and property investment;
- collective investment products and alternative investments;
- the risks faced by investors and the importance of asset allocation.
- Describe the key economic indicators
- Describe the main features of cash deposit investments
- Describe the main features of government securities and corporate bonds
- Describe the main features of equity-based investment products
- Describe the main features of property investment
- Describe the main features of collective investment products and alternative investments
- Understand the risks and returns faced by investors and how an investor’s risk profile is determined
- Understand the importance of asset allocation in the investment process
- Understand other main issues that impact upon investment planning
- Understand ethical considerations in investment and financial advice
- Apply investment knowledge to a given set of circumstances
Who should attend
The course is open to anyone working in the insurance and financial services sector irrespective of educational background, although does require you to already have a good understanding of financial advice principles and products.
The course is particularly suitable for experienced financial advisers and insurance agents advising on, or aspiring to advise on, investment planning.
The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII)
As the premier professional body for the financial services profession, the CII promotes higher standards of integrity, technical competence and business capability. With over 115,000 members in more than 150 countries, the CII is the world’s largest professional body dedicated to this sector.
Why the Award for Financial Planning
- Upon completion, CII members are eligible to use the designation ‘CII (Award)’.
- On passing the exam, you will hold one of the three Awards needed to complete the Certificate in Insurance and Financial Services.
- Provide 15 Certificate-level credits towards completion of the CII’s higher-level qualifications
Participants will receive a certificate for successful completion of the course indicating all topics covered
CII Examination (optional)
- 1-hour exam
- 42 multiple choice questions and 2 case studies each comprising 4 multiple choice questions
- 70% nominal pass mark
Download full syllabus here add the link on the word here