Business taxation is extremely important but the lack of training on this subject has made most people avoid giving it the proper attention. Most leave the matter to the accountants but ultimately the person in charge will be liable regardless of his/her ignorance.
The Business Tax Fundamentals course provides a clear concise explanation of the fundamental business tax concepts covering both tax planning and compliance. This course covers core business tax concepts and principles including tax accounting rules, gross income, deductions, depreciation, property transactions, taxes, and tax credits.
Furthermore, it presents the procedures and computations in a simplified manner to enable the participant to have a good basic knowledge of business taxation after completing the course.
- To learn what business taxation is
- To understand the fundamental laws relevant to business taxation
- To be familiar with the registration procedures and guidelines and reportorial requirements by the taxpayer and his trade, business and profession
- To be familiar with the types of taxes
- To be aware of the possible remedies in case of tax assessment
- To learn the fundamental of the Common Reporting Standards
- Upcoming changes
- Basic concept of Cyprus corporate tax
- Cyprus tax administration
- Taxation of dividends, interest and royalty in Cyprus
- Capital gain tax in Cyprus
- Overview of tax deductions in Cyprus
- Trade losses, unutilized capital allowances, Group relief and PIC
- Taxation of Cyprus investment companies
- Special Defence Contribution (SDC) in Cyprus
- Taxation of restructuring, mergers and acquisitions
- Tax avoidance and tax evasion in Cyprus
- Value Added Tax (VAT) in Cyprus
- Payroll Taxation in Cyprus – Social Insurance Contribution (SIC) and Social Cohesion Fund Contribution (SCFC)
- Upcoming changes
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate various concepts as well as show various videos that highlight particular course concepts and encourage class discussion. Participants will engage in exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter. Participants will also be able to ask questions and obtain clarifications from the trainer on all the material covered.
Who Should Attend
This seminar is addressed to financial controllers, accountants, tax consultants, auditors, business owners, directors, departmental managers and corporate administrators.