The EIMF Live Online Learning Experience
EIMF subject-matter experts deliver engaging and interactive courses across a broad spectrum of areas, that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own chosen environment. Read more
Corporate Administrators are involved in almost every organisational function, from policy implementation and asset management to corporate-social responsibility and information management. A good knowledgeable corporate administrator is a great asset for any company which offers corporate services.
This programme is built on more than 12 years of day-to-day experience with junior and senior corporate lawyers and corporate administrators and will focus in practice and basic theory, a combination which enables corporate administrators, not to perform tasks mechanically, but to understand the procedures with the Registrar of Companies and the structuring and restructuring of Cyprus Companies.
Participants shall acquire a solid understanding of the types of Cyprus companies, the relationship between members and officers and their respective obligations and liabilities, the nature of the share capital, the business of Directors’ and Shareholders’ Meetings and their respective Resolutions.
Through practical examples HE forms will be completed and the bank account opening procedure shall be presented.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics of Cyprus companies.
- Understand the importance of the M & A (Memorandum & Articles of Association)
- Improve knowledge regarding the relationship between Shareholders and Officers and the duties of each Officer.
- Understand the different types of shares in Cyprus Companies.
- Understand the procedure of structuring and restructuring of a Cyprus company (approval of name, common seal, capital, change in officers, transfers of shares etc.).
- Analyse the Company’s Meetings and the different types of Resolutions.
- Describe the annual obligations of Cyprus companies.
- Recognize and understand HE Forms for each procedure.
- Use on-line filing methods and procedures with the Registrar of Companies.
- Be familiar with the bank account opening procedure.
- Learning Objectives & Course Structure
- The Registrar of Companies
- The Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Types of Cyprus Companies
Company’s Common Seal
Company’s Registered Office
Company Management and Administration
- The Directors
- The Secretary
- Officers’ Liabilities
- Definition and types of shares
- Types of Shares
- Transfer of shares
Dividends and Profits
- Ascertainment of amount available for payment/distribution as Dividend
- Declaration of Dividend
- Entitlement to Dividend
- Definition and types of meetings
- Board of Directors Meetings and legal provisions
- Shareholder meetings
- Minutes of Meetings and legal provisions
- Inspection of Minutes
Accounts, Reports & Returns
- Annual returns vs annual accounts
- Directors’ Report
- Company Law relating to qualifications, appointment, remuneration and removal of auditors
Policies and Regulations affecting International Business
- Anti-Money Laundering
- General Data Protection Regulation
- D & O Insurance Policy
Procedures and Documents
- Customer Due Diligence
- Website of the Registrar of Companies
- General Meetings
- Board Meetings
- Application for approval of name
- Change of name
- Incorporation of Private Company
- Incorporation of Public Company
- Conversion of Private Company into Public Company
- Conversion of Public Company into Private Company
- Appointment and Resignation of Directors
- Change of Registered Office
- Change of M & A
- Increase of Share Capital
- Allotment of Shares
- Forfeiture of Shares
- Reduction of Share Capital
- Transfer of Shares
- Transmission of Shares
- Loss of Share Certificate
- Dividend Declaration
- Registration of Charges
- Statutory Books
- Notarization and Legalization of Documents
- Redomiciliation to Cyprus
- Redomiciliation from Cyprus
- Establishment of Branch
- Cyprus International Trusts
- Opening of Bank Account
Training Style and Knowledge Test
The Certificate begins with explaining only necessary theory behind practice and progresses with a focus on the documents and procedures for the structuring and restructuring of Cyprus companies. Electronic material and hard copies shall be delivered to participants throughout the training sessions and post-completion. Role play and brainstorming shall also be applied during delivery.
At the completion of the knowledge areas, participants will be assessed via the form of Multiple-Choice Questions which will consist of questions related to the material taught. The aim of the assessment is to examine participants’ overall attention and knowledge of material taught as well as their competencies towards the implementation of practical cases.
This programme may be approved for up to 28 CPD units in Law and Corporate Administration. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
The Cyprus Bar Association (CyBAR) has confirmed that this programme is accredited for 28 CPD units. Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CyBAR licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Law, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Law.
Who Should Attend
This programme is ideal for:
- Corporate Administrators
- Directors and Secretaries
- Compliance Officers
- Auditors, Lawyers and Financial Consultants
- Students, trainee and junior advocates who wish for a reliable insight in the field of corporate law