Professional training in general rarely goes beyond giving the students more than a general appreciation of the issues. This programme intends to break this rule and offer both the methodology but also the training and software tools through which one would be able to apply risk analysis in project finance in the place of work.
The programme will present the basic methodology for cash flow projections and financial modelling in investment appraisal. It will then focus on the application of risk analysis using the Monte Carlo simulation methodology. In this respect, the use of RiskEase (a state-of-the-art software for applying risk analysis to Excel models) and a number of case-studies will be used to enable the participants to employ this acquired knowledge.
The structuring of finance and the evaluation of guarantees in Public Private Partnership will also be presented and discussed.
The programme aims to offer knowhow that the participants can implement in their workplace, by providing:
- An understanding of the methodology and the actual use of appropriate tools for analysing risk and for appraising return in cost-benefit analysis applications.
- An introductory, but yet practical, course content that aims to provide essential knowhow and motivate the participants to continue their study of cost benefit analysis and project finance.
- A hands-on understanding of how to apply risk analysis
- A state of the art software and the appropriate training through which to apply it in their workplace.
- Sufficient knowledge and tools so as to assess risk and return in investments and project finance deals as well as for credit risk assessment.
The confidence and motivation to keep developing the skills gained in this programme in their work but also by further in-depth training courses in this field.
- Risk assessment techniques
- Defining and quantifying risk variables
- Monte Carlo Simulation using RiskEase
Competitiveness Appraisal and Financial Modelling
- Assessing and modelling market competitiveness
- Integrated Financial Model and Modelling Tools
Cost Benefit Analysis Methodology and Cash Flow Projections
- Development of cash flows for new Project or existing Business
- Different cash flow perspectives
- Scale, timing, inflation and residual value decisions
- Project Return – Uses and limitations of different investment criteria
- Credit Risk Assessment and evaluation of debt service capability
Project Risk Profile and Project Financing
- Project financing concepts and structuring of finance
- Public Sector Projects and Public-Private Partnerships
Training Style and Knowledge Test
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via presentations, case-studies and the use of specialised software. The programme takes a practical hands-on approach in teaching. The basic methodology for doing risk analysis will be taught through presentations and the use of software. Case-studies will also be provided and be supporting the teaching. Participants will be expected to work on such case-studies during the training.
The Certificate takes a practical hands-on approach in teaching. The basic methodology for doing risk analysis will be enhanced by software which will be made available to the participants and facilitate its application on actual real-life cases. Case-studies will be provided and be supporting the teaching. Participants will be expected to work on such case-study in class and also as home assignment during the period between the two sessions of the course.
At the completion of the knowledge areas, participants will be assessed via the form of Multiple-Choice Questions which will consist of questions related to the material taught. The aim of the assessment is to examine participants’ overall attention and knowledge of material taught as well as their competencies towards the implementation of practical cases.
The syllabus of the Certificate may be approved for up to 35 CPD units in Business and Risk. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Risk Management, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Project and Risk Management.
Who Should Attend
- Senior Managers in Investment firms
- Financial Advisers
- Credit risk analysts and project financiers
- Government officers involved in the appraisal of investment projects
- Analysts from the public sector (such as Municipalities and public utilities)
- Analysts in public authorities (such as Electricity Authority, CYTA, Ports Authority, etc.)
- Large companies who undertake investment projects