The Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) is the world’s first and only certification in privacy programme management. When you earn a CIPM, it shows that you know how to make a privacy programme work for your organization. In other words, you’re the go-to person for day-to-day operations when it comes to data protection.
The CIPM programme was developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which is the world’s largest comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The CIPM certification also holds accreditation under ISO 17024: 2012.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) took effect om 25th May 2018. Among its mandates is the requirement to appoint a knowledgeable Data Protection Officer (DPO) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for data protection professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPM credential shows that you have a comprehensive knowledge of how data protection programmes should work across an organization. Add a CIPP/E credential and prove that you not only can manage a data protection programme, but you understand the regulations that govern them.
Certification focuses on Implementing privacy in an Organization: The “How” of privacy from a management perspective
The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is a resource for professionals who want to develop and advance their careers by helping their organizations successfully manage these risks and protect their data. In fact, we’re the world’s largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community. The IAPP is the only place that brings together the people, tools and global information management practices you need to thrive in today’s rapidly evolving information economy.
The IAPP is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The IAPP is responsible for developing and launching the only globally recognized credentialing programs in information privacy. It helps professionals develop and advance their careers and organizations manage and protect their data.
What you will learn
- How to create a company vision
- How to structure the privacy team
- How to develop and implement a privacy program framework
- How to communicate to stakeholders
- How to measure performance
- Privacy program operational lifecycle
The CIPM certification is comprised of two domains:
- Domain 1: Privacy Program Governance
Domain 1 provides a solid foundation for the governance of a privacy program and defines how the privacy program may be developed, measured and improved.
- Domain 2: Privacy Operational Life Cycle
Domain 2 details the management and operations of the privacy program governance model within the context of the organization’s privacy strategy. The Privacy Program Operational Life Cycle domain is built upon a common industry-accepted framework of: Assessing or analyzing an organization’s privacy regime; Protecting information assets through the implementation of industry-leading privacy and security controls and technology; Sustaining the privacy program through communication, training and management actions; and Responding to privacy incidents.
Who should attend
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Managers
- Legal Compliance Officers
- Security Managers
- Information Managers
- Anyone involved with data protection processes and programmes
How will you benefit?
- Be recognized as an experienced privacy program manager
- Gain the confidence to interpret privacy regulations and make them work for an organization
- Understand best practice approach to establish, maintain and manage a privacy program across all stages of its lifecycle
- Comprehensive course notes
- A certificate of attendance
- Mock exam
- CIPM book PDF format
- 1-year IAPP membership
- Exam costs included
- 90 Multiple choice Questions
- 5 hours
- Compute based
- After the course you will have 6 months period to book your exam. An exam voucher will be emailed to you and you can book the exam on your own. Exam are booked via Kryterion and you can take exams at EIMF.