The Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) delivers the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe—equipping DPOs to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents.
Get global recognition as a data protection professional with our Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) course. This 2-day training course encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key data protection terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
The CIPP/E program was developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which is the world’s largest comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The CIPP/E certification holds accreditation under ISO 17024: 2012.
Certification focuses on the law and regulation: The “What” of data protection in Europe
The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is a resource for professionals who want to develop and advance their careers by helping their organizations successfully manage these risks and protect their data. In fact, we’re the world’s largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community. The IAPP is the only place that brings together the people, tools and global information management practices you need to thrive in today’s rapidly evolving information economy.
The IAPP is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The IAPP is responsible for developing and launching the only globally recognized credentialing programs in information privacy. It helps professionals develop and advance their careers and organizations manage and protect their data.
What you will learn
- Introduction to European Data Protection
- European Regulatory Institutions
- Legislative Framework
- Compliance with European Data Protection Law and Regulation
- International Data Transfers
- Module 1: Data Protection laws
- Module 2: Personal data
- Module 3: Roles and relationships of controllers and processors
- Module 4: Processing personal data
- Module 5: Information provision
- Module 6: Data subjects’ rights
- Module 7: Security or processing
- Module 8: Accountability
- Module 9: International data transfers
- Module 10: Supervisions and enforcement
- Module 11: Compliance
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone whose work is related to the processing of personal data, particularly those in the public sector and from EU institutions, agencies and bodies, including:
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Lawyers
- Compliance Officers
- Information Officers
- Record Managers
- Human Resources Officers
- Data Protection Professionals
- Anyone who uses, processes and maintains personal data
How will you benefit?
- You’ll have an enhanced understanding of jurisdictional laws, regulations and enforcement models, rules and standards
- Feel confident with the essential privacy concepts and principals and legal requirements for handling and transferring data
- Be familiar with the key areas of CIPP/E required for the exam
- You’ll have practical experience to apply concepts and achieve a best practice privacy program
- Be skilled to help your organization have resilience with personal data management and data flow between different countries
- Comprehensive course notes
- A certificate of attendance
- Mock exam
- CIPP/E book PDF format
- 1-year IAPP membership
- Exam costs included
- 90 Multiple choice Questions
- 5 hours
- Compute based
- After the course you will have 6 months period to book your exam. An exam voucher will be emailed to you and you can book the exam on your own. Exam are booked via Kryterion and you can take exams at EIMF.