The International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management is a higher level pathway for wealth management professionals who have achieved the level 3 International Certificate in Wealth and Investment Management (ICWIM).
It explores the wide range of assets and investment products available in the market at an advanced level. You will gain the knowledge to assess a client’s current financial position, make suitable investment recommendations, and respond appropriately to the changing needs of the client and circumstances of the market. It covers the macro-economic context of investment advice and planning, the main asset classes, the main investment products, identification, measurement and assessment of investment risks and returns, portfolio planning, construction, review and maintenance and the provision of investment advice including the ability to analyse clients’ circumstances and apply suitable investment product recommendations to meet client-led objectives.
Why Choose the CISI the Global Financial Compliance Qualification?
The International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management is suitable for international candidates working in private banking and wealth management roles. It is the next step after the level 3 International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management or the International Certificate in Wealth Management (discontinued in 2014).
- Second step in the CISI’s wealth management pathway – it consolidates knowledge gained from the ICWIM and allows progression to the specialist Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification
- Investigates the key wealth management principles in greater detail without focusing specifically on one jurisdiction
- Client focused – strong emphasis on the client to help build client confidence and trust
- Free CISI Student membership – become associated with a Chartered professional body and take advantage of an extensive range of benefits
- Access to Associate membership and ACSI designatory letters
Each learning objective begins with one of the following prefixes: know, understand, be able to calculate, be able to apply, be able to analyse, be able to assess or be able to interpret. These words indicate the different levels of skill to be tested.
- know requires the candidate to recall information such as facts, rules and principles
- understand requires the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, fact, rule or principle
- be able to calculate requires the candidate to be able to use formulae to perform calculations
- be able to apply require the candidate to be able to apply their knowledge to a given set of circumstances in order to present a clear and detailed explanation of a situation, rule or principle
- be able to analyse require the candidate to review the information content in detail and draw conclusions
- be able to assess require the candidate to review the information content and to make an informed judgement
- be able to interpret require the candidate to review the information content and extract meaning from it
The programme is designed to enhance participants’ broad understanding via short lectures, practical examples, and practice questions. Most of the training delivery will be based on the CISI Global Financial Compliance certification syllabus and the related national regulations. Participants will also benefit from extensive Q&A sessions throughout the course, which can be ideal for general learners and candidates pursuing the respective exam.
Who Should Attend
It is the next step in the CISI’s wealth management pathway and is suitable for candidates who have completed the level 3 International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management.
Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI)
The CISI is the leading professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals. Formed in 1992 by London Stock Exchange practitioners, they have a global community of circa 45,000 members in 104 countries. The CISI sets standards of professional excellence, providing qualifications and promoting the highest level of competence.
CISI and EIMF
The CISI and EIMF have a long-lasting collaboration in organising training and development events and promoting opportunities that are of value to the CISI members as well as to securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals. The CISI has awarded the EIMF the “Authorised Training Provider” status, which allows EIMF to offer quality preparation courses for participants pursuing the CISI certificates, such as the CISI Global Financial Compliance.
CISI Membership at EIMF
As a member of a Chartered professional body you will benefit from an enhanced status in the financial services sector globally. You will become a part of an organisation which holds the respect of governments and firms around the world, and can communicate with the public on an authoritative and clear level. Find more information