As part of MiFID II, firms with staff that provide investment advice or investment information to clients must demonstrate minimum standards of knowledge and competence. On 3 January 2017 the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) published its “Guidelines for the assessment of knowledge and competence”, which addresses the MiFID II requirements set out under Articles 24 and 25. These guidelines will affect staff who, under MiFID II, are defined as either “giving information” or “giving investment advice”. Read ESMA guidelines click here
Based on the ESMA guidelines CySEC issued Circular C181 on 2 February 2017 to set important standards to assist the Cyprus Investment Firms (‘the CIFs’) in meeting their obligations to act in the best interest of their clients. This circular establishes standards for the assessment of knowledge and competence for staff who are involved in the provision of information to clients regarding investment and ancillary services and financial instruments that a CIF offers. Read CySEC Circular click here
Demonstrates to clients a high level of competence amongst staff
The CISI has mapped the ESMA guidelines against this qualification as appropriate to information Providers.
Click here to download seminar brochure.
The International Introduction to Securities and Investment certificate offers a broad introduction to the financial services industry, with a specific focus on investments from both a local and a global perspective and covers key financial principles and products in depth including assets and markets, equities, bonds, derivatives and investment funds. It offers a comprehensive introduction to the financial services industry with a specific focus on investments from a global perspective. It is the first step in the CISI’s qualification pathway, and it is taken by many practitioners as it is the foundation exam for higher level CISI qualifications.
Who should Participate
- Employees of Financial Firms in Supporting Roles like HR, Compliance, Administration: Employees of Financial firms should be very familiar with their firm’s operations, and by participating in this course delegates will learn all about the sector
- Sales, Customer Support, Retention Officers, and other Front Facing Staff in Investment Firms and Forex Companies:By Law these employees need to obtain this knowledge, and this course covers these requirements.
- Legal Professionals – Accountants – Auditors- Insurance: Do you have clients in the sector like Investment Firms, Forex, Funds, Banks? Do you want to learn all about the markets they operate in, the language, the services, the products?
- IT Professionals: FinTech is now the name of the game, and a lot of such companies require IT professionals to design new products. Knowledge of the sector is paramount for such positions.
- Economic environment
- Financial assets and markets
- Investment funds
- Financial services regulation
- Other financial products
Participants can choose to attend the course and will receive a certificate of attendance indicating successful participation indicating topics covered
For participants who choose to take the exam and get the CISI qualification they will need to also register for the exam with CISI. The qualification is examined via computer based testing and exams take place throughout the year. The exam consists of 50 multiple choice questions and lasts 1 hour.