In the face of the recent constant change in the Financial Services Sector, both from legal and regulatory amendments and from credit and financial shocks in the market, the need for professionals to know how to manage risk is more important than ever before. This knowledge will offer a competitive commercial advantage to companies in Cyprus and increase their potential for new business development.
Risk in Financial Services offers a comprehensive global introduction to the major risk areas in financial services. It addresses international issues, reflecting the needs of a worldwide market, and provides a sound grounding in the principles of the risk management framework, corporate governance and risk oversight. It covers specific techniques used in identifying, reducing and managing operational risk, credit risk, market risk, investment risk and liquidity risk.
Why the CISI Risk in Financial Services Qualification?
- Specialist qualification – covers a range of risks in financial services and can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as part of the Investment Operations Certificate (IOC)
- Offers a progressive study pathway – Risk in Financial Services is one of the first steps in our compliance qualifications study pathway and offers access to the higher-level Diploma in Investment Compliance
- Combine it with a CISI regulatory exam to complete the full Certificate in Risk in Financial Services. You are exempt from the regulation paper if you have already achieved a regulatory paper through another route, such as the IOC
- Free CISI Student membership – become associated with a Chartered professional body and take advantage of an extensive range of benefits
- Access to Associate membership and ACSI designatory letters
By the end of the programme, participants will have a broad understanding of:
- the general principles of risk in business
- the key risks that arise within the financial services industry
- the influence of corporate governance, regulation and codes of conduct
- the approaches that are typically used to identify, reduce and manage specific aspects of risk
- Principles of Risk Management
- International Risk Regulation
- National Regulation
- Operational Risk
- Credit Risk
- Market Risk
- Investment Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Model Risk
- Risk Oversight and Corporate Governance
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
The programme is designed to enhance participants’ broad understanding via short lectures, practical examples, and practice questions. Most of the training delivery will be based on the CISI Risk in Financial Services certification syllabus and the related national regulations.
Participants will also benefit from extensive Q&A sessions throughout the course, which can be ideal for general learners and candidates pursuing the respective exam.
This programme may be approved for up to 10 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in AML and CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who Should Attend
The programme is ideal for:
- Risk and compliance teams
- Branch management
- Corporate lawyers
- Finance officers
- Senior managers of all disciplines
- Existing and aspiring non-executive directors
- People who would like to obtain the CISI Risk in Financial Services Certification
Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI)
The CISI is the leading professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals. Formed in 1992 by London Stock Exchange practitioners, they have a global community of circa 45,000 members in 104 countries. The CISI sets standards of professional excellence, providing qualifications and promoting the highest level of competence.
CISI and EIMF
The CISI and EIMF have a long-lasting collaboration in organising training and development events and promoting opportunities that are of value to the CISI members as well as to securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals. The CISI has awarded the EIMF the “Authorised Training Provider” status, which allows EIMF to offer quality preparation courses for participants pursuing the CISI certificates, such as the CISI Risk in Financial Services.
Participants of the CISI Risk in Financial Services course at EIMF can select to pursue the respective CISI Exam to be awarded with the CISI Risk in Financial Services Certificate. This Certificate is a specialist qualification, covering a range of risks in financial services. It can be taken as a stand-alone qualification or as part of the CISI Investment Operations Certificate (IOC). Passing the CISI Risk in Financial Services exam provides you also with a free CISI Student Membership, access to the Associate Membership and the valued ACSI designatory letters.
The exam is Multiple Choice Computer-Based, consisting of 100 questions and lasts 2 hours. The current pass rate for this exam is 63% and the pass mark is 70%.
The following exam fees are payable directly to the CISI upon registration:
- Qualification Registration Fee: £33.00
- CISI Risk in Financial Services (1st Attempt): £317.00
- CISI Risk in Financial Services (Resits): £231.00
The exam fees are subject to change by the CISI directly. For the latest exam price list, exam registration and to find out more about the available sittings, please visit the CISI website.
CISI Membership at EIMF
As a member of a Chartered professional body you will benefit from an enhanced status in the financial services sector globally. You will become a part of an organisation which holds the respect of governments and firms around the world, and can communicate with the public on an authoritative and clear level. Find more information