Effective communication is an essential skill area for managers of all levels. Without this vital skill organisations, departments and teams cannot work effectively to bring the desired outcomes to the business.
It is through effective communication that managers cascade new and important information to the members of their teams, help employees develop, providing them with targeted and actionable feedback regarding their performance, develop trust with employees, clients and other stakeholders, ensure day-to-day operations run smoothly, goals are understood and that tasks are completed effectively.
The ability for managers to communicate successfully is therefore crucial to their managerial success and to the success of the organisation.
This programme uses learnings from the latest management thinking and research, to enable managers to develop a leadership mind-set and equip them with the tools, skills and techniques they need to harness the power of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and safeguard their success.
The purpose of the current programme is to help managers develop effective communication skills that will allow them to build significant and invaluable relationships with the people around them and perform the tasks and responsibilities effectively and efficiently. Upon completion participants will be able to:
- Understand why successful communication is central to successful management
- Grow relationships through more powerful communication
- Apply effective communication across a number of workplace situations such as cascading and disseminating information, setting goals, providing instruction
- Give effective feedback to reinforce desirable behaviours and redirect undesirable ones
- Use effective questioning skills to get accurate and important information from your staff
- Develop assertive communicate as the norm for communication in the workplace
What is Communication
- Why should I be concerned with communication?
- Model of communication
- It’s not as simple as it sounds – understanding why is can go wrong
The Effective Communicator
- It’s not just what you say – the importance of non-verbal communication
- Building rapport, showing empathy and practicing active listening
- Understanding different styles and how to work together
Building Lasting Relationships
- Increasing motivation through communication
- Building Trust with effective communication
Critical Communication Skills
- Cascading disseminating information
- Increasing efficiency in the workplace
- Developing people and providing feedback
This course is interactive in nature and participants will be actively involved, using their own experiences and challenges to reinforce and adapt the new knowledge and skills to their own reality, as well as examples, case studies and simulations provided by the trainer.
Use of assessments and reflective exercises will also allow participants to increase their awareness and provide opportunity for peer reflection and discussion.
The session will combine elements of PowerPoint presentations, Flip-chart notes, small group and open discussions, audio/visual material and experiential exercises.
This programme may be approved for up to 7 CPD units in Soft-skills and Personal & Professional Development. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Soft-skills and Personal & Professional Development, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in HR, Leadership, Management, Personal and Professional Skills.
Who Should Attend
The programme is suitable for all business professionals and individuals from all industry sectors and functions. The course will be exceptionally beneficial to team leaders, supervisors and managers of all levels and across sectors and industries.