Under the provisions of Cap. 113, where reference is made to an “officer” of the Company, this includes a company Secretary. The Secretary is the Chief Administrative Officer of a Cyprus company, and as such it is for the best interest of the company to appoint a Secretary someone who is capable of carrying out the duties which the Law entails. The extent of the duties of the Secretary depend on the size and nature of activities of the company as well as on the terms of its appointment by the company.
Whether you are a newly appointed Secretary in a Cyprus incorporated company, including regulated entities, or merely wanting to consider the impact of your role and enhance your officer knowledge and skills, the EIMF’s Company and Board Secretary Fundamentals Seminar will equip you with the core skills and awareness to exercise effectively the duties and responsibilities as a Secretary of Cyprus company.
- To understand the different types of Cyprus companies.
- To understand the legal and regulatory environment in which the Secretary of a Cyprus Company must function.
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of a Secretary.
- To understand the liability of a Secretary.
- To identify the professional standards of practice expected by a Secretary.
- To develop a greater insight into how a Secretary can form an important part of the development of the Company.
Who should attend
- Board Members / Directors in corporate entities
- Appointed Secretaries
- Corporate Administrators
- Support / Operational Staff
- Other key officials that define strategy and need to have an overall understanding