Company Board Secretary Liabilities and Responsibilities
This programme has been approved by the Cyprus Bar Association (CyBAR) for 5 accredited CPD units.
The Liabilities and Responsibilities of the Company Board Secretary are often misjudged. Without the correct understanding of these responsibilities’ firms may find themselves liable under the law, thus causing implications to the firm and its operations.
Under the provisions of Cap. 113, where reference is made to an “officer” of the Company, this includes a company Secretary. The Secretary is the Chief Administrative Officer of a Cyprus company, and as such it is in the best interest of the company to ensure that the person they appoint as company Secretary, is able to carry out the duties which the Law entails.
The extent of the duties of the Secretary depend on the size and nature of activities of the company as well as on the terms of its appointment by the company.
The EIMF’s Company Board Secretary Liabilities and Responsibilities seminar will equip participants with the core skills and awareness to effectively exercise the duties and responsibilities of a Secretary within a company in Cyprus:
- To understand the different types of Cyprus companies
- To understand the legal and regulatory environment in which the Secretary of a Cyprus Company must function
- To understand the roles and responsibilities of a Secretary
- To understand the liabilities of a Secretary
- To identify the professional standards of practice expected by a Secretary
- To develop a greater insight into how a Secretary can form an important part of the development of the Company
- Cyprus companies
- Corporate Governance
- Liabilities of the Secretary
- D & O Insurance Policy
- Secretary in Practice
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via short lectures giving law and theory followed by case-studies and practical examples. Participants will benefit from customised feedback at the end of the programme and take away the knowledge gained to be transferred to their workplace.
Who Should Attend
Whether you are a newly appointed Secretary in a Cyprus incorporated company, including regulated entities, or merely wish to consider the impact of your existing role and enhance knowledge and skills, this programme will be of immense benefit; it will be of particular benefit to:
- Board Members and Directors in corporate entities
- Appointed Secretaries
- Corporate Administrators
- Support and Operational Staff
- Other key officials that define strategy and need to have an overall understanding Consultants