With a proven track record, the highly successful EIMF CySEC examination preparation course offers an in-depth coverage of all the required material, preparing participants for the Advanced or Basic Level Examination, based on the most recent and updated syllabus.
The examinations require very good knowledge of the Cyprus and European legal framework on the capital markets, and concerns persons who wish to be certified for the provision of Investment Services.
Persons who pass the Advanced Exam can hold positions in all investment services functions in CIFs, while persons who pass the Basic Exam can provide or perform the investment services of reception and transmission of orders and execution of orders within a Cypriot Investment Firm. Moreover, the advanced or basic exam allows people who work in a UCITS Management Company or a VCIC that manages UCITS to provide the service of marketing the units.
Why Professionals Choose the EIMF CySEC Preparation Course
In addition to the most updated and concise material, those attending the EIMF CySEC preparation courses will greatly benefit from:
- The in-depth expertise of those who deliver the course; the EIMF training team are industry experts with practical knowhow as well as experienced in the delivering of the CySEC exam preparation course
- Through their vast experience the training team have designed a very well-structured course to assist participants to comprehend the knowledge and absorb the required knowledge of the syllabus topics as required for the examination – an approximate 92% examination success rate has been observed
- A comprehensive study guide created by EIMF based on continuous feedback received from both succeeding and failing candidates
- Revision questions with answers and references
- 4 online mock exams, some of which have been designed based on feedback to meet the real-life context of the examination and can be attempted as many times as candidates may require, within 90 days
- The EIMF training team provide volunteer support to questions raised post-completion of the preparation courses
Target Audience of the EIMF CySEC Examination Preparation Course
- Existing and prospective executives and supervisors of Banks, Cypriot Investment Firms (CIFs) as well as UCITS and AIF managers
- Existing and prospective employees of Banks, CIFs as well as UCITS and AIF managers responsible for the provision of investment services
- Compliance Officers, Internal Auditors, Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Officers and Risk Managers of Banks, Cypriot Investment Firms (CIFs) as well as UCITS and AIF managers
- Financial and Professional Services Consultants
- Professionals joining the finance and professional services sector
- Passing the exams – the Course focuses primarily on the CySEC study guide for the certification of persons providing Investment Services and employed by Cypriot Investment Firms, Credit Institutions, Management Companies and Investment Companies of Variable Capital, which is a requirement for the provision of investment services in Cyprus
- Operating within the legal framework – understanding how best to operate within the applicable Cypriot and European Union legal and regulatory framework and practice, and become a successful player in the European financial arena
- Attaining the technical knowledge and tools – understanding the regulatory technical tools that are available to operate in the capital markets and enhance your financial strategies and risk management compliance processes
All participants will receive the EIMF preparation booklets that include the presentation notes, glossary of all major terms and revision questions with answers and references. In addition, participants will receive access to 4 sets of online mock exams with a total of 280 practice questions.
Course Content and Examinations
The assessment structure of the Advanced Qualification is a 90-minute examination consisting of 70 multiple choice questions and covers the following elements:
- Investment Services and Activities and regulated markets law (MiFID II) Scope/Powers/Offences
- Cypriot Investment Firms
- Cypriot Investment Firms and Banks
- Open-Ended Undertakings for Collective Investment Laws
- Alternative Investments
- The Business of Credit Institutions Laws of 1997–2016
- The Prevention and Suppression of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Laws
- Markets in Financial Instruments Regulation
- Capital Adequacy Requirements
- European Market Infrastructure Regulation
- Recovery and Resolution Laws
- Prospectus Law (2012–16)
- Transparency Law
- Insider Dealing and Market Manipulation Regulation (2016)
Registration Procedure for Examinations:
In order to register for the CySEC examinations, prospective candidates are required to complete the online CySEC application.
Currently, CySEC offers candidates the opportunity to choose the examination and two possible dates on which they wish to take the examination.
In order to take the examinations, interested individuals are required to pay the CySEC examination fees currently, €200 to take the Basic Examination or €300 to take the Advanced Examination.
Examination Results: Upon completion of the examination, candidates will be notified immediately whether they have passed, and the detailed results of the examination will be sent by email at a later stage.
Read all relevant examination registration information here
Following the examination, successful candidates need to complete the CySEC Registration Form and send it to email@example.com in order to become registered in the CySEC Public Registry of Certified Persons. Registration is valid for one year.
A Self-Study Preference
For those who are unable to attend a live course and prefer to self-study EIMF offers the opportunity to purchase the self-study package enabling them to study at their own pace and time whilst having all the necessary materials. The Self-Study Package consists of the EIMF booklets that include the presentation notes, glossary of all major terms and revision questions with answers and references. In addition, access to 4 sets of online mock exams with a total of 280 practice questions is provided. For more information, please contact us.