The rapid evolvement of the Financial Services sector, the increased updates on regulations and the demand for smoother operations are some of the reasons that the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) regularly update their announcements with Circulars, Delegated Regulations and Guidelines.
Financial services professionals are requested to be constantly up to date with CySEC’s updates and this course has been designed to provide an overview of the latest regulatory updates (Directives, Regulations, Delegated Regulations and Circulars) that are of concern of CySEC Regulated Entities.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the most important CySEC updates introduced within the recent months which affect regulated entities.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Know all important issues introduced lately concerning Regulated Entities
- Know the most recent changes implemented by CySEC in regards to the supervised activities
- Understand changes introduced with regards to CIFs, UCITS, AIFs, AIFMs and ASPs
- Comprehend the changes and acquire the necessary practical skills and knowledge to implement the changes to the work environment
- Know the most recent changes introduced regarding MIFID II, EMIR, CSDs
- Comprehend the differences between 4th and 5th AML Directive
- Introduction: Categorisation of circulars and rationale
- Circulars issued to CIFs
- Circulars issued to UCITS, AIFs and AIFMS
- Circulars issued to ASPs
- Circulars on EMIR
- Overview of AML Circulars
- Overview of ESMA Intervention measures
- General Updates
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills on the subject matter via a comprehensive reference to all CySEC updates. Participants will also benefit from feedback at the end of the programme and take away the knowledge gained to be transferred to their workplace. Most of the training’s time will be invested in understanding how the recent updates affect the actual work.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who should attend
The programme is ideal for professionals required to know the latest CySEC updates and to cover CPD hours, including:
- C-Level Executives and Senior Managers in CySEC Regulated Entities
- Compliance Officers
- Marketing Managers and Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Internal Lawyers
- Financial Advisers
- Asset managers
- Anyone who is certified by CySEC