Developing People through Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
In our modern and ever-changing business environment it has become most evident that the role of a manager is far more demanding than ever before. Indeed, as the face of the business world changes and the pace increases more and more demands are made on managers both at a cognitive and an emotional level.
Whilst academic qualifications and experience often provide the technical skills required at a cognitive level, these alone, are not enough to enable outstanding management performance or to safeguard business success. This critical aspect of management requires a different set of skills, which develop as we increase our competencies in the area of Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
EQ, which has been highlighted as one of the fastest growing and essential management requirements, encompasses a set of competencies which allow business professionals to understand and manage emotions and impulses in themselves and others, to communicate effectively, problem solve and build rapport even in stressful and tense situations.
This one-day training course uses the latest know-how in this critical area for management success, to create a practical and thought-provoking programme highlighting the fundamental principles of EQ, and, how these relate to effective people management. It will provide managers with the core tools, approaches and critical skills to manage people confidently and sensitively to ensure staff remain motivated, diligent and productive.
This training programme is intended to help managers develop their EQ competencies which will enable them to better understand and develop the people they manager and subsequently, to improve performance
- Introduction and Warm-up
- Introduction to training and trainer
- The current business landscape and the need for new skills
- Management styles
- Wearing different hats to manage different situations
- Understanding myself as others see me
- Recognising my style and preferences and the impact of these on those around me
- Appreciating that management is a choice, there is always something I can do
- Manage my emotions and behavior so as to be an effective manager
- Social awareness
- The importance of empathy – seeing things from other’s perspective
- Relationship management
- Harnessing the benefits of conflict
Who should attend
The programme will be of extreme benefit to any professional who deals with people, including Lawyers, Accountants, Departmental Heads, Managers and Team Leaders.