This seminar will provide delegates with an explanation of the legal and technical aspects of the liabilities facing the management of companies, including Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, Corporate Liability, and Cyber Risk Liability. This will include an outline of the responsibilities and liabilities of directors and officers.
Session one: Professional Indemnity Insurance
The purpose of this session is to help delegates understand the key principles of professional indemnity insurance.
- Identify the hazards associated with professionals
- Describe the coverage provided by insurance policies
- Apply techniques to decide the terms under which professional liability should be insured
- Identify the correct strategy for making and supporting valid professional indemnity claims
Session two: Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
The purpose of this session is to give an insight into the duties and liabilities of directors and officers and to assist delegates to manage D&O insurance.
- Describe the duties of directors and officers
- Describe the principal benefits of a D&O policy
- Explain the principal extensions and exclusions included in a D&O policy
- Outline typical D&O claims
Session three: Cyber Risks Insurance
The purpose of this session is to explore the conditions and exclusions of specialist cyber risks insurance policies and describe what is Cyber Risk and the major issues and challenges faced by management.
- Describe examples of cyber claims that have happened to small to medium enterprises as well as the high profile data breach claims that have been in the news
- Outline what first and third party coverage is provided under a cyber risks policy
- Know of the key risk management issues
- Understand how cyber risk insurance claims arise and the issues of dealing with these claims
Who should attend:
Chief Executive Officers, General Counsel, Board Members, Directors, Risk and Compliance, Internal Audit