This seminar will provide delegates with an explanation of the legal and technical aspects of the liabilities facing the management of companies, including Directors’ and Officers’ Liability, Professional Liability, and Cyber Risks.
This will include an outline of the responsibilities and liabilities of directors and officers.
- Identify the hazards associated with the provision of professional services
- Describe the coverage provided by insurance policies
- Apply techniques to decide the terms under which professional liability should be insured
- Identify the correct strategy for making and supporting valid professional indemnity claims
- Describe the duties of directors and officers
- Describe the principal benefits of a D&O policy
- Explain the principal extensions and exclusions included in a D&O policy
- Outline typical D&O claims
- Describe examples of cyber claims that have happened to small to medium enterprises as well as the high profile data breach claims that have been in the news
- Outline what first and third party coverage is provided under a cyber risks policy
- Know of the key risk management issues
- Understand how cyber risk insurance claims arise and the issues of dealing with these claims
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Directors & Officers Liability Insurance
- Cyber Risks Insurance
Lecture with practical illustrations, case studies and discussion of real-life examples.
Who Should Attend
- Chief Executive Officers
- General Counsel
- Board Members
- Risk and Compliance
- Internal Audit