This seminar will take place as a classroom seminar (physical attendance), but will also be broadcasted online, live from location via Zoom. Please enter your attendance type preference in the Comments section before submitting your Registration.
Effective Directors and Board members need to be the driving force that will lead to the success of their organisation. Whether you are a newly appointed Director, seeking to join the Board, or merely wanting to consider the impact of your role and enhance your leadership skills, the EIMF’s Directors Development Programme will equip you with the core skills and awareness to function effectively as a Director and/or Board member.
Attending the three-day programme will provide Directors with a wealth of knowledge and insight into the three most essential areas for any Director – corporate governance, board strategy, and leadership. In this course, you will attain:
- The Importance of History & Culture on Governance
- The Three Dominant Theories of Corporate Governance
- The Different Layers of Corporate Governance
- The DNA of Good Governance
- The Four Board Types
- The Four Perspectives of the Board
- Issues Between: Members, Management, Owners & Regulators
- The Seven Critical Success Factors of an Effective Board with a Case Study
- Emotionally intelligent leadership
- Motivational drivers
- Your preferred leadership style(s)
- Flexible leadership and management
- Advanced communication skills
- Leading and managing change
- Culture change
Using a discursive approach to sharing key information, critical theory illustrated with practical experience will be conveyed to participants to be reinforced by mutual sharing and learning. After building a solid foundation of understanding, participants are walked through best practice and technique to ensure Board effectiveness, using a real-life Case Study to ensure a real life understanding of the issues.
This programme may be approved for up to 15 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who Should Attend
- Non-executive Board Directors
- Independent Board Directors
- Secretaries to the Board of Directors
- Chief Compliance Officers
- Chief Executive Officers
- Risk Managers
- Internal Auditors
- General Managers and other Senior Managers