The EIMF Live Online Learning Experience
EIMF subject-matter experts deliver engaging and interactive courses across a broad spectrum of areas, that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own chosen environment. Read more
All members of Boards of Directors need to follow a series of statutory law, common law and regulatory requirements designed to meet corporate governance standards and expectations of stakeholders – including regulators and the wider public. This includes duties to the corporation, the avoidance of conflict of interest, and the need to display high levels of skill, care and diligence when acting in good faith to promote the success of the company.
Serving on a Board of Directors exposes individual members to joint and individual legal liabilities, not to mention reputational risk. As a result, anybody currently or potentially serving on – or supporting or reporting to – a Board of Directors needs to become familiar with the legal and regulatory context within which they do so.
By joining this seminar all pertinent questions will be answered, and participants will also have the chance to mingle and discuss with other Directors in the sector.
- Introducing the legal and regulatory context within which a Board of Directors functions
- Understanding the expectations on the Board of Directors resulting for the legal and regulatory context
- Reviewing select guidelines further describing the legal and regulatory requirements
- Reference to benchmark governance code for illustration of practical implications
- Corporate Governance for the BoD
- The roles and responsibilities of the BoD based on Investment Firms Law
- Guidelines and best practices (e.g. Fit & Proper, Suitability etc.)
- Directors and Officers Liabilities
- Directors’ Duties and Liabilities as per the Legal Context of Cyprus
Critical information will be conveyed, with the opportunity for participants to share their experience of serving on – or supporting – Boards for mutual erudition.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation and Law. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
The Cyprus Bar Association (CyBAR) has confirmed that this programme is accredited for 5 CPD units. Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CyBAR licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Law, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Law.
Who Should Attend
- Members of the BoD of Investment Firms (IFs) and Fund Managers
- Compliance Officers and Risk Managers of Investment Firms
- Fiduciary Service Providers with IF clients
- Consultants and Advisers