Enhanced Due Diligence Skills using Open Source Intelligence Tools (OSINT) | Seminar Full
Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) is intelligence gathered from publicly available sources. In the intelligence community (IC), the term “open” refers to open, publicly available sources (as opposed to covert or clandestine sources); it is not related to open source software or public intelligence.
The course uses real cases to give practical instruction on how to harness proven Open Source Intelligence methods and techniques to improve the productivity and effectiveness in the daily work streams of financial investigators and analysts working in the areas of KYC, AML and financial crime generally.
Attendees will learn how to construct structured searches online and will see how to access key deep-web sites for a broad range of vital data sets. Information verification and timeline analysis are vital in financial crime and enhanced due-diligence investigations and will be taught within the specific session.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand what OSINT technologies and methodologies are, and learn to use these to timely and effectively discover relevant facts about potential or exiting business relationship
- Know the difference between searching in the surface web Vs. the deep web
- Learn how to search across three distinct dimensions of information: static content, edited content and dynamic content, as well as how to make such searches in almost any human language and
- Know what structured search is and how to create effective ‘Boolean’ search strings to make the best use of enforced term operators and field type searches
- Regulatory framework (AML/CTF)
- Introduction to OSINT
- Search strategies
- Case study
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via short lectures, case-studies, practical examples and real-life simulations. Participants are required to bring their own laptops or tables that can fully support and have installed Google Chrome and Notepad++.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in AML and Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in AML and Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in AML and CPD training in Financial Regulation.
The Association of Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) has confirmed that this programme is accredited for 5 CAMS Credits. Participation in this course does not substitute the requirement to earn (12) ACAMS credits through ACAMS produced training for CAMS recertification.
Who Should Attend
The programme is ideal for:
- C-Level Executives and Senior Managers in Financial Services Firms
- MLROs, AML and Compliance Officers
- Risk Officers
- AML/KYC/EDD analysts and investigators
- Financial Crime Investigators
- Transaction Monitoring Professionals
- Auditors, Lawyers and Financial Consultants