The Scrum Master is responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and enacted. Scrum Masters do this by facilitating the Scrum Team in adhering to Scrum theory, practices, and rules.
In order to do this, the Scrum Master role struggles with the apparent contradiction of the Scrum Master as both a servant-leader to the team and also someone with no authority.
The Scrum Master is responsible for maximizing the throughput of the team and for assisting team members in adopting and using Scrum. A successful Scrum Master influences others, both on the team and outside it. The Scrum Master helps those outside the Scrum Team understand which interactions with the Scrum Team are helpful and which are not.
Why Professionals Choose this Qualification?
The EXIN Agile Scrum Master is a unique certification that combines agile principles and scrum practices with practical assignments. It tests the competences required to facilitate, coach and enable a cross-functional team as a Scrum Master.
The EXIN Agile Scrum Master certification training course is developed to suit the needs of modern-day distributed scrum teams and help professionals evolve as Scrum Masters to maximize business value by producing shippable products at the end of each sprint. Participants will attain hands-on experience with practical assignment and tools to practice what you learn.
Agile Way of Thinking
- Agile Concepts
- Continuously Improving the Process
- Other Agile Frameworks
Scrum Master Role
- Responsibilities and Commitment
- Coaching the Team and Mediating
- Other Roles (Product Owner, Development Team)
Agile Estimating, Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Writing and Maintaining the Product and Sprint Backlog
- Agile Planning
- Agile Estimation
- Tracking and Communicating Progress
- Staying in Control
- Scaling Agile Projects
- Suitability of Agile for Different Types of Projects
- Agile Administration in Tooling and Tool Integration
- Introducing Agile
- Agile Requirements and Proper Environment
Who should attend
The Agile Scrum Master is aimed at managerial professionals in the fields of IT project management, software development, business management and IT service management. Scrum methodology and agile project management are also increasingly being adopted in other areas to enable all kinds of teams.
Positions within organizations that are interested in moving to Scrum, include:
- Project Manager
- Project lead
- Project sponsors
- IT Manager/Directors
- Business Analyst
Requirements for certification
- Successful completion of the EXIN Agile Scrum Master exam.
- Accredited EXIN Agile Scrum Master Training, including completion of the Practical Assignments.
- Knowledge of Scrum terminology, for instance through the EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation exam, is strongly recommended.
The EXIN Agile Scrum Master certification tests candidates at Bloom Level 2, 3 and 4 according to Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy:
- Bloom Level 2: Understanding – a step beyond remembering.
Understanding shows that candidates comprehend what is presented and can evaluate how the learning material may be applied in their own environment.
- Bloom Level 3: Application – shows that candidates have the ability to make use of information in a context different from the one in which it was learned.
- Bloom Level 4: Analysis – shows that candidates have the ability to break learned information into its parts to understand it.
EXIN exams are computer based and can be taken at approved centres around the world. EIMF is an EXIN approved centre.
The exam is allotted 90 minutes to complete 40 multiple choice questions with a passing score of 65%.
Exam Fee: € 200 + VAT (paid to EIMF)
Upon passing the exam successfully candidates will be awarded the Agile Scrum Master certification from EXIN.