In today’s business environment, all managers require a practical working knowledge of financial management to make informed business decisions.
This highly interactive seminar provides participants with a thorough understanding of financial statement. Participants learn key financial concepts and use this information to propose and manage budgets and track initiatives’ financial performance. It integrates team exercises that allow participants to practice their new skills in real-life scenarios.
By the end of the course you will emerge better equipped to assess, analyse and understand a company’s financial position.
- Learn how the role of finance can influence the overall success of an organisation
- Understand the key tools used by financial specialists
- Assess the financial performance of your organisation
- Interpret and evaluate financial data with your newfound practical skills
- Understand how organisations have become global leaders by driving their operational excellence
- Learn how to understand, analyse and interpret the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements and the basic principles of financial accounting.
- Understand the founding concepts of financial markets and grasp the underpinning terminology and operation.
- To understand the basic principles of accounting and the cross overs with finance.
- Understand the time value of money, Discounted Cash Flow, Capitalization, IRR and real option analysis.
- To understand the budgeting process and learn how to produce forecasts.
- Learn how to work out financial ratios and do trend analysis.
- Get a grasp on the value and uses of cost accounting inside a corporation.
- Reinforce your learning via multiple examples, and by practicing new knowledge gained in several hands-on workshops.
- Overview of Finance in Business
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Accounting-based performance evaluation: an overview
- International accounting principles: the language to assess and communicate financial results
- Linking financial performance to strategy: developing a set of key financial indicators
- Assessing the financial sustainability of company growth strategy
- The Operating or Income Statement
- Balance Sheets and The Cash Flow Statement
- Reporting Data Analysis – Understanding Ratios
- Costs and the Company
- Investment and Project Appraisal
- Budget Planning and the Annual Budget
- Financing the Business
- The current Global Financial Environment
Who should attend
- Current and prospective non-financial managers
- Consultants with a non-financial background
- Lawyers exposed to finance in their legal practice.