Fund Administration, Accounting, Reporting and Depositary Functions
Mutual Funds are a very widely used financial tool. Investors, professionals and individuals make use of them in order to benefit from the professional investment management and risk diversification.
Cyprus is rapidly emerging as funds jurisdiction both for UCITS and AIFs. Asset under management grow at a fast pace and more and more people become familiar with these products.
The legislative environment is full and up to date and investors have a lot of options available.
This seminar aims to familiarize participants with the basic elements of fund administration and depositary which are the fundamentals for the proper fund operation.
During this seminar participants will attain an understanding of:
- The role of a fund admin
- The role of a depositary
- Funds’ compliance monitoring
- Funds Accounting Basics
- Investors information
- The Fund Administrator role at a glance
- The Custodian role at a glance
- Basic duties and responsibilities of the FA
- Fund accounting and fund valuation
- Processing accounting entries for investments, income earned, fees and expenses
- NAV calculation and unit price calculation
- NAV reporting to unitholders / shareholders
- Maintenance of investment records
- Monitoring of investment limits compliance and reporting of breaches to the manager
- Registry, Transfer Agent duties and responsibilities
- Processing of subscriptions and redemptions
- Processing of dividend payments
- Maintenance of the Fund’s registry
- Maintenance of Bank accounts of the Fund
- Investors communication, Regulatory reporting and compliance
- Investors information
- CySEC reporting
- Preparation of financial statements
- Preparation of quarterly statement of assets and expenses
- Preparation of Central Bank statistical reporting
- Provisional services
- Support for the preparation of Fund’s documentation
- Provisions of the upcoming role for TAs
- Basic duties and responsibilities of the Custodian
- “Watchdog” on behalf of unitholders, overseeing the manager
- Treasurer and keeper of the assets of the Fund (custody of assets and maintenance of cash)
- Clears, settles executed transactions and takes care of the corporate actions
- Performs reconciliations and send reports
- Confirms that the issuance, redemption, cancelation and evaluation of units is done according to the laws and fund’s documents
- Co-signs the Fund’s Rulebook and Prospectus
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate various concepts and encourage class discussion. Participants will engage in exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter. Participants will also be able to ask questions and obtain clarifications from the trainer on all the material covered.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who Should Attend
People working mostly in back offices in Fund Managers, Fund Administrators and other Professionals who need to update or refresh their knowledge on Mutual Funds as well as Lawyers, Accounting Firms and Corporate Service Providers, that wish to understand the funds industry.