In recent years, Cyprus has made an enormous effort towards the enhancement and completion of the national legal framework concerning investment funds. These legislations have been put in place in order to promote Cyprus as in international fund jurisdiction.
The fund administration industry has over the past years been updated, especially in terms of valuation methodologies, financial technologies, standards of reporting and even hoe the administrators hold clients’ assets in custody.
Having the correct knowhow is vital and as such critical for the fund sector to be equipped with qualified professionals.
This programme will give the tools to professionals that work in the sector to better understand the processes relating to fund administration operations, custody, oversight and governance.
- Equipped with a clear understanding of how and why funds are established, the nature and impact of investment decisions, pricing and valuation, related activities such as portfolio balancing and performance measurement and how these processes affect operational, compliance, reporting, and other administration procedures.
- Examine a wide range of fund types, their characteristics, operation and administration features, including: mutual funds and unit trusts, pension fund, hedge funds and FOFs, real estate funds, venture capital funds, money market funds.
- Enhance your market knowledge not only of traditional investment products such as bonds, equities and money market products, but also of more complex products such as derivatives, CDOs, structured products, exchange traded funds, real estate, private equity, commodities and any related structures such as SPVs, SIVs etc.
- Increase your confidence in controlling fund administration procedure, accurate pricing, valuation and best execution skills,
- Reassure your skills in the correct legal and compliance procedures, and confidence in liaising with fund managers, investors, sponsors, fund services providers, custodians, and regulators.
- Developing a risk-based oversight framework and understanding the KEY risks
- All types of assets – including alternative, illiquid and volatile assets
- Comparative fund types, structures, and legal aspects
- Understanding benchmarks, mandates, investment objectives and constraints
- Pricing and valuation
- Reporting & compliance – valuation, reconciliation and settlement
- Registrar and transfer agency services
- Custody and Fund Administration
- International client services
- Client reporting: customised reporting, multi-currency/instrument reporting, and tax reporting
- Compliance, KYC, tax and anti-money laundering issues
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate various concepts and actively encourage group discussion including exchange and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter.
Participants will also be able to ask questions and obtain clarifications from the trainer on all the material covered. Participants will also receive PDF copies of industry related books (custody and global securities operations) written by the trainer.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who Should Attend
This course will be of value to anyone wishing to understand international best practice in managing, operating within the fund administration environment. This includes operations teams, Risk Managers, Compliance Monitoring Teams and Internal Audit at fund managers or third parties, Lawyers, Auditors, Custodians and Regulators.