Fund Administration, Operations & Custody
In recent years, Cyprus has made an enormous effort towards the enhancement and completion of the national legal framework concerning investment funds. These legislations have been put in place in order to promote Cyprus as in international fund jurisdiction. The Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency has helped in establishing the Cyprus Investment Funds Association in order to help promote and build a profitable sector.
It is of great importance for the sector to be equipped with qualified professionals. This programme will give the tools to professionals that work in the sector to better understand the processes relating to fund administration.
- All types of assets – including alternative, illiquid and volatile assets
- Comparative fund types, structures, and legal aspects
- Understanding benchmarks, mandates, investment objectives and constraints
- Pricing and valuation
- Reporting & compliance – valuation, reconciliation and settlement
- Registrar and transfer agency services
- Custody and Fund Administration
- International client services
- Client reporting: customised reporting, multi-currency/instrument reporting, and tax reporting
- Compliance, tax and anti-money laundering issues
- Equip yourself with a clear understanding of how and why funds are established, the nature and impact of investment decisions, pricing and valuation, related activities such as portfolio balancing and performance measurement and how these processes affect operational, compliance, reporting, and other administration procedures.
- Examine a wide range of fund types, their characteristics, operation and administration features, including: mutual funds and unit trusts, pension fund, hedge funds and FOFs, real estate funds, venture capital funds, money market funds.
- Enhance your market knowledge not only of traditional investment products such as bonds, equities and money market products, but also of more complex products such as derivatives, CDOs, structured products, exchange traded funds, real estate, private equity, commodities and any related structures such as SPVs, SIVs etc.
- Increase your confidence in controlling fund administration procedure, accurate pricing, valuation and best execution skills,
- Reassure your skills in the correct legal and compliance procedures, and confidence in liaising with fund managers, investors, sponsors, fund services providers, custodians, and regulators.
Delegates will also receive PDF copies of the “Global Custody Workbook” and “Global Securities Operations” written by Bruce Lawrence and “The Concise Guide to Corporate Actions”
Who should attend
This course will be of value to anyone wishing to understand international best practice in managing, operating and overseeing funds. This includes operations teams, Risk Managers, Compliance Monitoring Teams and Internal Audit at fund managers or third parties, lawyers, auditors and regulators