Cyprus is evolving as an international fund jurisdiction. More professionals have joined this sector and as they progress, they need to be equipped with the most updated knowledge regarding fund structures, regulatory requirements and investor relations practices.
This course will provide an overview of the various fund structures under the Cyprus Law regarding AIFS and UCITS. The aim being to update the participants with the current requirements and guidelines issued by CYSEC regarding the setup and management of funds and the required communication with investors.
The programme will enable participants to:
- Understand the various fund structures and their differences
- Comprehend the regulatory requirements of these fund structures
- Identify the key functions and requirements for fund administrators and fund managers
- Learn about the reporting requirements to the regulator and the clients
- Comprehend the various ongoing responsibilities of fund administrators and managers
- Outline the best practices for investor relations, investor reporting and protection
- Types and forms of AIFs
- Types of UCITS
- Umbrella Structures, Common Funds, Public Offerings, Listing possibilities
- Authorisations, Operating Conditions, Organisational Requirements of AIF and UCITS Funds
- AIFs and UCITS framework
- Rulebook, prospectus and other fund documents
- Units, Subscriptions and Redemptions
- European passport and freedom in services provision
- Custodian (depository), what is the custodian and why it is important to the investors
- Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) requirements
- Authorisations, Operating Conditions, Organisational Requirements
- Transparency Requirements and Marketing of Units
- Cross Border Provision of Services
- How investors’ rights are better protected and promoted
- Reporting requirements
This course is designed to be interactive so that, in addition to the key formal presentations and real-life examples, participants will have the opportunity to engage in discussions. This will allow the sharing of experiences with industry peers and raise issues of most concern to their organisation.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who Should Attend
This course will benefit those professionals employed within the Funds sector as well as those who are seeking to join the industry. It is ideal for:
- Professionals from the fund operations and administration teams
- Fund managers
- Compliance officers
- Risk managers
- Accountants and auditors
- Third parties such as lawyers and administrators
- Sales and business development employees