In recent years, Cyprus has made enormous moves towards the enhancement and completion of the national legal framework concerning investment funds. With these legislations in place Cyprus can be promoted as an international fund jurisdiction.
For the Funds sector to achieve both recognition and profitability it is important that professionals within the sector are equipped with the most updated knowledge, and those joining the sector have a sound understanding of the fundamentals surrounding the processes of fund administration in Cyprus.
Course Learning Objectives
Course participants will attain an overview of the fund administration playing field, highlighting the roles responsibilities of fund administration, latest developments in managing the fund administration process and procedures, as well as briefly considering the following:
- The expertise to identify and manage sources of risk in fund servicing thus ensuring effective risk control
- Major players in fund administration and custody area
- The ability to maintain the fund’s compliance with regulatory rules
- Setting Up a Fund– types of fund, key players, content of offering documents, regulatory requirements
- Fund Operations– portfolio administration, acquisitions and disposals, reconciliation to brokers/agents/custody, fund records
- Fund Valuation & Accounting– pricing policy, NAV, GL, Accounts, accruals, performance fees
- Transfer Agency– investor reporting, subscriptions & redemptions, fund register, KYC/CDD/AML, distributions
- Risk & Compliance– operational risk, fund compliance, administrator risk & compliance
Who Should Attend
The course will be of benefit to all those professionals who are either newly employed or wish to join the Funds sector, as well as anyone within the sector who may wishes to refresh on the key areas. These may include professional from the fund operations/administration teams, risk managers, compliance monitoring teams, audit and fund managers or third parties, lawyers, auditors and regulators.