The protection of personal data was significantly enhanced with Regulation 2016/679, known as “GDPR”.
The Regulation, which came into effect on 25 May 2018, lays down rules relating to the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and rules relating to the free movement of personal data.
The efficient application of its provisions in firms is very important, however, in the daily business numerous issues arise, which require assessments and decisions. This seminar will focus on the compliance requirements in relation to the GDPR, as well as, on practical issues arising from the daily business in a financial firm.
The workshop aims to:
- Present the main axes of the GDPR
- Present the new compliance requirements,
- Analyse the practical implications of these new requirements
- Provide guidance concerning practical aspects of the daily business
- Principles relating to processing of personal data
- Conditions for consent
- Information to be provided to clients
- Processing of special categories of personal data
- Policies concerning the processing of personal data
- Data breach
- Rights of the data subject
- Complaints handling
The course shall include the presentation and analysis of the regulatory framework providing practical examples. The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via case-studies and practical examples. Participants will benefit from customised feedback at the end of the programme and take away the knowledge gained to be transferred to their workplace.
Who Should Attend
The programme will be of interested to all professional within financial and professional services sector and will particularly benefit:
- Legal advisors
- Compliance officers
- Any person who provides investment services