General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Implementation Challenges Workshop
Although the GDPR came in force on the 25th of May 2018 and two years were given (2016-2018) for organisations to prepare for their compliance, a survey conducted in the few weeks prior to the 25th of May, revealed that only 36% of organisations were to be compliant by the 25th of May.
Likewise, in Cyprus many organisations began their compliance trip late and are in the mist of the changes they need to make to achieve the necessary compliance. There is a growing need for professionals in the organisations, including those appointed as DPOs to find answers to their questions regarding implementation and to cross check with other professionals if their preparation is in the right direction.
This programme aims to examine such questions, address the needs of these professionals and support organisations in GDPR implementation which requires technical, legal, organisational and cultural reforms.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Better support their organisations in GDPR implementation
- Understand the array of the changes needed to properly implement the GDPR
- Be able to identify the legal challenges
- Be able to coordinate with their IT vendors or departments for the technical changes required
- Better steer the cultural transformation needed in their organisations
- Be able to address more of the questions coming from their colleagues in their organisations
- Have a better understanding of how other organisations are dealing with similar challenges
- Short overview of the GDPR provisions
- Which organisational areas are affected by the GDPR
- Implementation methodologies
- Relevant standards for implementation
Preparing for the Data Registry and Impact Assessment
- Preparing the Data Registry – Practical Example
- Preparing a Data Protection Impact Assessment
Implementation Process and Q&A of Challenges
- Necessary steps in a typical implementation process
- Q and A session and addressing specific challenges
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via short lectures, case-studies and practical examples.
Most of the training’s time will be invested in analysing a real-life case study that will help participants understand how to solve problems in similar occasions, thus providing practical knowhow that can be transferred to their place of work.
Participants will also benefit from cross-fertilisation and benchmarking, through the discussions of the challenges and solutions found or proposed to other participating organisations.
Who Should Attend
The programme is ideal for:
- C-Level Executives and Senior Managers
- Data Protection Officers
- Compliance Officers
- HR Managers and Officers
- Marketing Managers and Officers
- Internal Lawyers
- External Auditors, Lawyers and Financial Consultants
- Other professionals involved in GDPR implementation