The Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) is the world’s first and only certification in privacy programme management. When you earn a CIPM, it shows that you know how to make a privacy programme work for your organisation. In other words, you’re the go-to person for day-to-day operations when it comes to data protection.
The CIPM programme was developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which is the world’s largest comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The CIPM certification also holds accreditation under ISO 17024: 2012.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) took effect om 25th May 2018. Among its mandates is the requirement to appoint a knowledgeable Data Protection Officer (DPO) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for data protection professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPM credential shows that you have a comprehensive knowledge of how data protection programmes should work across an organization. Add a CIPP/E credential and prove that you not only can manage a data protection programme, but you understand the regulations that govern them.
Why Professionals Should Follow the CIPM Programme?
- The CIPP is the global industry standard for professionals entering and working in the field of data protection.
- Achieving a CIPP credential demonstrates understanding of a principles-based framework and knowledge base in information privacy.
- Holding a CIPP designation elevates your leadership profile amongst your colleagues.
- Certification ensures you share a common dialogue with colleagues in related practice areas, including
information security, marketing, IT, compliance and product development.
- You will gain access to the world’s largest community of data protection professionals, including valuable
educational resources and networking opportunities.
- The CIPP is a key benchmark among top employers for hiring and promoting data protection professionals.
- Gain the confidence to interpret privacy regulations and make them work for an organisation
- Understand best practice approach to establish, maintain and manage a privacy program across all stages of its life-cycle
Certification Focuses on Implementing Privacy in an Organisation: The “How” of Privacy from a Management Perspective
The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is a resource for professionals who want to develop and advance their careers by helping their organisations successfully manage these risks and protect their data. In fact, we’re the world’s largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community. The IAPP is the only place that brings together the people, tools and global information management practices you need to thrive in today’s rapidly evolving information economy.
The IAPP is the largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The IAPP is responsible for developing and launching the only globally recognised credentialing programs in information privacy. It helps professionals develop and advance their careers and organisations manage and protect their data.
- How to create a company vision
- How to structure the privacy team
- How to develop and implement a privacy program framework
- How to communicate to stakeholders
- How to measure performance
- Privacy program operational life-cycle
The CIPM certification is comprised of two domains:
- Domain 1: Privacy Program Governance
Domain 1 provides a solid foundation for the governance of a privacy program and defines how the privacy program may be developed, measured and improved.
- Domain 2: Privacy Operational Life Cycle
Domain 2 details the management and operations of the privacy program governance model within the context of the organisation’s privacy strategy. The Privacy Program Operational Life Cycle domain is built upon a common industry-accepted framework of: Assessing or analysing an organisation’s privacy regime; Protecting information assets through the implementation of industry-leading privacy and security controls and technology; Sustaining the privacy program through communication, training and management actions; and Responding to privacy incidents.
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate various concepts as well as show various videos that highlight particular course concepts and encourage class discussion. Participants will engage in exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter. Participants will also be able to ask questions and obtain clarifications from the trainer on all the material covered.
- Comprehensive course notes
- A certificate of attendance
- Mock exam
- CIPP/E & CIPM book PDF format
- 1-year IAPP membership
- Exam costs included
This programme may be approved for up to 14 CPD units in GDPR, Data Protection and Privacy Management. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in GDPR and/or Privacy Management, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in GDPR and Privacy Management.
Who Should Attend
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Managers
- Legal Compliance Officers
- Security Managers
- Information Managers
- Anyone involved with data protection processes and programmes
- 90 Multiple choice Questions
- 2.5 hours
- After the course you will have 6 months period to book your exam. An exam voucher will be emailed to you and you can book the exam on your own.