The programme aims to deliver an overview of investment analysis and risk for CIF, UCITS, and AIF professionals. Investment analysis sets the foundations for the proper conduct of risk management, without which neither the investment company nor the client are properly safeguarded from the whims of the market.
As such, this programme offers professionals the opportunity to enhance their knowledge on a topic that is highly valued in today’s markets.
The programme is divided into two days, with the first focusing on investment analysis and the second on risk management. During the first day participants will acquaint themselves with investment analysis, with topics including fundamental and technical indicators, the compliance side of analysis and how analysis relates to the investment advice regulation.
The second day focuses more on risk management, how this relates to investment analysis. Risk management tools, risk identification and analysis, as well as the compliance side of risk management are also included in the programme.
By the end of this programme, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental and technical indicators
- Learn how analysis fits the compliance and investment advice regulations
- Examine how risk management and investment analysis combine
- Learn how to identify and analyse risk
- Implement basic risk management strategies in their jobs
- An overview of investment analysis basics: Fundamental and technical indicators
- The compliance side of analysis – how analysis fits into a CIF’s strategy
- A deeper look into analysis: correlations and regressions
- Real-time, team practical examples, incorporating all we have learned
- Analysis in AIFs and UCITS: meeting the investment advice criteria
- An introduction to Risk Management
- The role of the Risk Manager in the AIF/UCITS regulation
- Understand how Investment Analysis and Risk combine
- Identifying and Analysing Risk in an investment company
- Risk Management Tools
- The compliance side of risk management
- Teamwork: practical examples or risk
The programme is designed to enhance the participants’ knowledge on the topic of investment analysis and risk, via short lectures, case studies, and practical examples.
Most of the training will focus on providing a clear understanding of the topics while much training time will also be invested in providing real-life case studies and examples of the material covered in the short lectures.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who would most benefit from attending the course are:
- Market Analysts
- Compliance Officers
- Business Development Executives
- Risk Managers
- Operations Managers