Investment Fund Administration, Operations and Custody
In recent years, Cyprus has made an enormous effort towards the enhancement and completion of the national legal framework concerning investment funds. These legislations have been put in place in order to promote Cyprus as in international fund jurisdiction.
The Cyprus Investment Promotion Agency has helped in establishing the Cyprus Investment Funds Association in order to help promote and build a profitable sector. Having the correct knowhow is vital and as such critical for the sector to be equipped with qualified professionals.
This programme will give the tools to professionals that work in the sector to better understand the processes relating to fund administration. Specifically, participants will:
- Be equipped with a clear understanding of how and why funds are established, the nature and impact of investment decisions, pricing and valuation, related activities such as portfolio balancing and performance measurement and how these processes affect operational, compliance, reporting, and other administration procedures
- Examine a wide range of fund types, their characteristics, operation and administration features, including: mutual funds and unit trusts, pension fund, hedge funds and FOFs, real estate funds, venture capital funds, money market funds
- Enhance their market knowledge not only of traditional investment products such as bonds, equities and money market products, but also of more complex products such as derivatives, CDOs, structured products, exchange traded funds, real estate, private equity, commodities and any related structures such as SPVs, SIVs etc
- Increase their confidence in controlling fund administration procedure, accurate pricing, valuation and best execution skills
- Reassure their skills in the correct legal and compliance procedures, and confidence in liaising with fund managers, investors, sponsors, fund services providers, custodians, and regulators
- All types of assets – including alternative, illiquid and volatile assets
- Comparative fund types, structures, and legal aspects
- Understanding benchmarks, mandates, investment objectives and constraints
- Pricing and valuation
- Reporting & compliance – valuation, reconciliation and settlement
- Registrar and transfer agency services
- Custody and Fund Administration
- International client services
- Client reporting: customised reporting, multi-currency/instrument reporting, and tax reporting
- Compliance, tax and anti-money laundering issues
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate various concepts as well as show various videos that highlight particular course concepts and encourage class discussion.
Participants will engage in exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter. Participants will also be able to ask questions and obtain clarifications from the trainer on all the material covered.
Who Should Attend
This course will be of value to anyone wishing to understand international best practice in managing, operating and overseeing funds.
This includes operations teams, Risk Managers, Compliance Monitoring Teams and Internal Audit at fund managers or third parties, lawyers, auditors and regulators.