Leading is an art that requires understanding of context to be effective. Adding to the complexity is when those people being led are leaders themselves, thus requiring an extra level skill to get the most out of senior people in the organisation.
Taking a look at leadership from the unique perspective of leading leaders, participants will understand how to re-calibrate their leadership style to get the best from the most valuable resource under their control, viz. other leaders.
In particular, participants will learn how to multiply the knowledge and experience of the leadership team and not diminish it, whilst measuring their own success as a leader of leaders using the right benchmark.
In addition, participants will be introduced to the seven daily tasks of leading leaders and how to integrate these into their routines.
- Raise awareness of the need to lead leaders differently to non-leaders
- Provide a practical framework for leading leaders effectively
- Understanding how leaders can intentionally enhance other leaders
- Understanding how leaders accidently undermine other leaders
- Provide a routine for adoption by leaders to facilitate the re-calibration of their leadership style regarding leading leaders
- The governance of leadership
- Servant Leadership and the ‘best test’ for measuring success in leading leaders
- Enhancing your leaders skills and talents
- Avoiding the undermining of your leaders
- The seven daily tasks of leading leaders
Using a discursive approach to sharing key information, critical theory illustrated with practical experience will be conveyed to participants to be reinforced by mutual sharing and learning.
After building a solid foundation of understanding, participants are walked through best practice and technique to ensure a solid understanding of the issues related to leading leaders.
This programme may be approved for up to 7 CPD units in HR, Leadership, Management and Professional Development. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in HR, Leadership, Management and Professional Development, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in HR, Leadership, Management, Personal and Professional Skills.
Who Should Attend
- Board Members
- Senior Leaders