Loan Documentation and Master Agreement
This intensive course will cover all aspects of a loan transaction, concentrating particularly on the agreement itself and on the legal implications of a properly drafted and incorrectly drafted document.
You will be taken step-by-step through the process of documenting a loan, from the early stages of pre-contractual issues, letters of commitment and written offers, through to administrative provisions, representations, covenants, defaults, transfer provisions, guarantees and the eventuality of insolvency.
By attending this course, you will fully understand the legal implications of a properly drafted and incorrectly drafted document.
- Learn how to spot the critical issues early in any transaction
- Understand how to best negotiate the documentation so you get the best deal possible
- Refine your ability to deal with crucial parts of loan documentation and understand the rights and obligations of syndicate members
- Be fully prepared for the coming regulatory changes in Cyprus with respect to Insolvency laws
- Master the hard and soft provisions of world leading LMA loan documentation
- Develop your understanding of how to securitize, sell or restructure bad loans
- Negotiating loan documentation from both the financier and borrower perspectives
- The interpretation of various clauses under common law
- Enforce-ability issues and potential pitfalls in the drafting and negotiation of guarantees and letters of support
- Different types of securities including mortgages, pledges, liens, constructive trusts, fixed and floating charges, mortgage debentures, and security over property, shares and insurance assignments
- The implication of insolvency on the contractual rights of all parties involved
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate various concepts as well as show various videos that highlight particular course concepts and encourage class discussion. Participants will engage in exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter. Participants will also be able to ask questions and obtain clarifications from the trainer on all the material covered.
This programme may be approved for up to 14 CPD units in Law. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Law are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Law.
The Cyprus Bar Association (CyBAR) has confirmed that this programme is accredited for 6 CPD units. Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CyBAR licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Law, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Law.
Who Should Attend
- In-house lawyers in financial institutions
- Bankers concerned with the negotiation of loans
- Bank executives involved in the documentation of loans
- Lawyers in private practice who advise clients on loan agreements
- Corporate counsel