The Management Acceleration Programme (MAP) has been designed to provide managers and supervisors with the necessary, all-round knowledge, skills and practical application, to perform their duties effectively both in terms of operational and managerial competencies.
The main role of a practising or aspiring manager is to lead and manage individuals and teams to deliver the aims and objectives in line with the organisational strategy, making this role critical to the success of the organisation.
Participants of the MAP course will have the opportunity to cover a range of areas, using a methodology that will enable them to be actively involved and engaged in practical real-life scenarios, discussions, case studies and simulations.
To be an “all-round Manager” is vital in today’s demanding work environment, where managers are called upon to undertake many duties. Subsequently, managers and supervisors require a wide range of knowledge and proficiency to be able to effectively manage their teams, whilst at the same time be proactive in having procedures and processes in place, that will enable them to run their departments, units or sections efficiently bringing the desired outcomes and meeting the organisational targets.
It has been proven time and time again that what stands out in successful organisation worldwide is their people, therefore, ultimately, the success of the midlevel professionals will be the key to bringing the desired outcomes of any organisation.
The training programme has met the rigorous quality standards of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and has achieved the CMI Accreditation.
Participants will receive a 12 months’ membership and an Award of completion from the CMI. Learn more about the CMI
The MAP encompasses proven practical operational and managerial practices along with the latest understandings and insights to offer a stack of knowledge and skill to mid-level managers and supervisors. Each learning area will be delivered by a separate subject-matter expert who brings immense experience and knowhow to the programme.
Through the interactive style of the MAP, participants will gain valuable know-how that they can transfer to the workplace. Breakout group sessions, exercises, case applications and the opportunity to put into practice what has materialised throughout the training via hands-on simulation practice will further contribute to the learning of the group.
Each individual training area has very specific objectives and can be viewed in detail under each learning topic. Overall, by attending the MAP participants will be able to:
- Know the impact of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) on both themselves and their team members
- Understand the importance of their role to the ultimate success of their department and organisation
- Recognize their own style of management and the impact this has on the performance of others
- Motivate and inspire others
- Coach and develop their teams effectively
- Offer feedback that is welcomed and arouses positiveness
- Become equipped to resolve conflicts quickly
- Delegate tasks with confidence
- Build and lead high performing teams
- Understand Project management and the importance it plays in the success of everyday tasks
- Learn the key knowledge areas of Project management to meet required deadlines
- Understand the fundamentals of Performance Management and setting measurable objectives
- Resolve performance issues speedily and effectively
- Learn the key areas of Risk Management and the importance this plays for Managers
- Understand how managing the risk of a department, unit or section efficiently can be the make or break of an organszation
- Become apt on the important areas of financial analysis, budgeting and costing, and understand how these are essential knowledge areas for managers and the success of their department
- Refining Leadership Mindset
- Communication and Teamwork
- Delegation, Coaching and Feedback
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Risk Management Essentials
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Costing and Budgeting
- Leadership Simulation
For the detailed outline and objectives of each learning area click here.
Through an interactive style of delivery, the MAP combines engaging material, presentations, case studies, discussions and videos, Breakout group sessions, exercises, case applications and the opportunity to put into practice what has materialised throughout the training via hands-on simulation practice will further contribute to the learning of the group, thus, gaining valuable know-how that they can transfer to the workplace.
Who Should Attend
Any Supervisor, Manager or aspiring Manager will greatly benefit from the MAP, including those with a technical or specialised background. Any professional who managers others will take away practical knowledge, skills and tools to enhance their role within their organisation, including:
- Midlevel Managers of all departments and units
- Novice and Aspiring Managers
- Supervisors and Team Leaders
- HR Professionals
- Project Managers
- Change Managers
- Firm Partners including Lawyers and Accountants who manager others
- Any Professionals looking to progress into a management position