MiFID II Product Governance: Identification of Target Markets
As Product Governance is an important part of MiFID II, the programme offers an inside view of the implementation of one of the most significant parts of it, which is the identification and the assessment of the potential target market.
The programme will offer a practical approach to meet increasing regulatory requirements and will offer an enhanced package of knowledge to participants to ensure that implementation can be made according to their business models.
The objective of the course is to ensure that the participants understand the regulatory requirements regarding the identification and the assessment of the potential target market.
In addition, the course will present the practical approach and process of the identification and the assessment of the potential target market in order to be in line with the regulatory requirements.
By the end of the programme, participants will be able to:
- Examine the Company’s abilities to identify potential target market
- Comprehend the difference between a Positive and a Negative target market
- Implement Product Governance requirements regarding target market
- Design the approval process for each of the target market groups
- Manage the process of the identification of the potential target market
- Adequately assess the results coming from the identification of the potential target market
- Definition of the target market
- Types of target market
- Responsibilities of the Manufacturer and Distributor of the financial product
- Categories taken into consideration when identifying potential target market
- Timing of the identification and assessment of the potential target market
- Testing of the product offered to the clients
- Regular review of the compatibility between clients’ needs and products offered
The programme is designed to provide participants with detailed and practical knowledge according to the needs of the financial sector.
The programme will take the form of a presentation and will be based on a discussion including questions and answers. The focal point of the course is to ensure that participants are armed with adequate knowledge and skills to assist them with solving potential problems identified during the implementation of target market identification and assessment.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who should attend
The programme is ideal for:
- Compliance Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Risk Managers
- Senior Management