PRINCE2® (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain and offers non-proprietorial key practice guidance on project management.
This five-day Foundation and Practitioner training programme combines theory and practice, working around a case study to establish a sound understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology.
The workshop is divided into two modules: firstly, a three-day Foundation course providing a solid understanding of the scope, content, terminology and processes of PRINCE2, and resulting in participants taking the Foundation examination. Secondly, a two-day Practitioner course, allowing delegates the opportunity to gain a wider understanding of the application of PRINCE2 in a project context by discussing and practicing the application of these skills in a facilitated environment.
At the end of the programme, participants will be in position to manage their projects by using the PRINCE2 methodology and optionally pursue the respective examination for either the Foundation or Practitioner level.
- Understand the standards of the PRINCE2® methodology and the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner qualifications
- Learn the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven principles, the seven themes and the seven processes of the PRINCE2® methodology
- Appreciate which management products are input to and output from the seven processes.
- Examine the main purpose and key contents, of the major management products.
- Examine the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project
- Learn how to produce detailed explanations of all principles, themes and processes and worked examples of all PRINCE2 products as they might be applied to address the particular circumstances of a given project scenario
- Understand the relationships between principles, themes and processes and PRINCE2 products
- Appreciate the reasons behind the principles, themes and processes of PRINCE2
- Enhance the ability to use PRINCE2 with different project circumstances
The syllabus of this course has been based on PRINCE2® methodology which is a universal approach towards project management. The programme is designed to enhance participants’ skills in project management, but also to effectively prepare those taking the PRINCE2® Foundation or Practitioner exams.
This programme may be approved for up to 35 CPD units in Project Management. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Project Management, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD in Project Management.
Who Should Attend
- New and Experienced Project Managers
- Professionals pursuing the PRINCE2® Foundation or Practitioner qualification
- Professionals who want to gain a practical methodology for managing their projects
- Consultants/contract staff operating in a PRINCE2 environment
- Staff who will have a defined role within a project team operating in a PRINCE2 environment
PRINCE2® Eligibility Requirements for obtaining the Qualification (Optional):
To be eligible for the PRINCE2® certification, candidates must meet certain requirements as described below:
Foundation Level: No pre-requisites
Practitioner Level: Proof of passing one of the following exams is needed: PRINCE2 Foundation; Project Management Professional (PMP); Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM); IPMA Level A (Certified Projects Director); IPMA Level B (Certified Senior Project Manager); IPMA Level C (Certified Project Manager); IPMA Level D (Certified Project Management Associate)
PRINCE2® Examination Information (Optional):
Foundation Level: The exam format for this level is multiple-choice of 75 questions per paper, 60 minutes duration with closed books. The exam can be hosted at approved test centres in Cyprus and online as presented in PEOPLECERT’s website.
The exam fee for the Foundation level is €252, which is payable directly to the test centre of your choice. Further information about the exam will be presented during your training at EIMF.
Practitioner Level: The exam format for this level is objective testing of 80 questions, 150 minutes duration with open books (official PRINCE2 manual only). The exam can be hosted at approved test centres in Cyprus and online as presented in PEOPLECERT’s website.
The exam fee for the Practitioner level is €431, which is payable directly to the test centre of your choice. Further information about the exam will be presented during your training at EIMF.
Maintaining the PRINCE2® credentials:
The Foundation level does not require any additional activities for maintaining your credentials.
The Practitioner level requires that you resit the exam every 3 years, alternatively, attain 45 CPD units through various activities, including CPD seminars offered by EIMF. Further information about the CPD activities will be provided during your training at EIMF.