PRINCE2® (an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a de facto process-based method for effective project management. Used extensively by the UK Government, PRINCE2 is also widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The PRINCE2 method is in the public domain and offers non-proprietorial key practice guidance on project management.
The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification is the first of two PRINCE2 qualifications required to become a Registered PRINCE2 Practitioner.
The PRINCE2 Foundation training aims to measure whether a candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 methodology within a project environment supporting PRINCE2.
- Understand the standards of the PRINCE2® methodology and the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification
- Learn the purpose and major content of all roles, the seven principles, the seven themes and the seven processes of the PRINCE2® methodology
- Appreciate which management products are input to and output from the seven processes
- Examine the main purpose and key contents, of the major management products
- Examine the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project
The syllabus of this course has been based on PRINCE2® methodology which is a universal approach towards project management. The programme is designed to enhance participants’ skills in project management, but also to effectively prepare those taking the PRINCE2® Foundation exam.
This programme may be approved for up to 14 CPD units in Project Management. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Project Management, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD in Project Management.
Who Should Attend
- New and experienced project staff
- Consultants/contract staff operating in a PRINCE2 environment
- Project Managers
- Programme Managers
- Team Managers and support staff
- Staff who will have a defined role within a project team operating in a PRINCE2 environment
- Professionals pursuing the PRINCE2® Foundation qualification
PRINCE2® Eligibility Requirements for obtaining the Qualification (Optional):
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam does not have any entry requirements and is open to anyone wishing to take the exam.
PRINCE2® Foundation Examination Information (Optional):
The exam format for this level is multiple-choice of 75 questions per paper, 60 minutes duration with closed books.
The exam can be hosted at approved test centres in Cyprus and online as presented in PEOPLECERT’s website.
The exam fee for the Foundation level is €252, which is payable directly to the test centre of your choice. Further information about the exam will be presented during your training at EIMF.
Maintaining the PRINCE2® credentials:
PRINCE2 Foundation level does not require any additional activities for maintaining your credentials.