According to the ESMA, the financial crisis has shown that there are instances where the application of conduct of business rules in the context of the provision of investment services to individual clients may be insufficient to ensure that firms fulfil their duty of acting in the best interests of their clients; therefore, MiFID II as well as the MiFID II Delegated Directive introduced product governance obligations for manufacturers and distributors with the objective of enhancing the level of protection of investors by way of requiring firms to take responsibility, from the beginning, that products and the related services are offered in the interest of clients.
The objective of the product governance requirements is to ensure that firms, which manufacture and distribute financial instruments and structured deposits act in the clients’ best interests during all the stages of the life-cycle of products or services.
The objective of this seminar is:
- to present the various issues concerning the target market,
- to present the new requirements on product governance,
- to provide guidance concerning compliance with the new requirements
- Scope of application
- Manufacturing financial instruments
- Distributing financial instruments
- Product monitoring and intervention
Who should attend
- Legal advisors
- Compliance officers
- Any person who provides investment services