Property Tax Updates
The EIMF Live Online Learning Experience
EIMF subject-matter experts deliver engaging and interactive courses across a broad spectrum of areas, that can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own chosen environment. Read more
Property taxation is extremely important but the lack of training on the subject causes most people to avoid giving it the proper attention. Most leave the matter to the accountants but ultimately the person in charge will be liable regardless of his/her ignorance.
This seminar will provide a clear and concise explanation of the fundamental property tax concepts covering selling, purchasing and property ownership tax obligations. This course covers core property tax concepts and principles including capital gain tax, vat on sale of a property, immovable property ownership tax, etc.
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Know what property taxation is
- Understand the fundamental laws relevant to property taxation
- Be familiar with the provisions of property tax
- Be aware of the possible remedies in case of tax assessment
- Know the upcoming changes
- An Introduction to property tax
- Immovable Property Ownership Tax
- Imposition of VAT on letting of immovable property – VAT Circular 220
- VAT: Imposition of VAT on transfers of building land
- Cyprus property transfer fees
- Local Authority Fees
- Municipality Tax
- Sewerage Tax
- Stump Duty
- Cyprus capital gain tax
- Amendments to the Immovable Property Tax Law
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Accounting Standards. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for an occupational licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Accounting Standards, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Accounting Standards.
Who Should Attend
The programme is ideal for:
- People who work in accounting departments and have no prior tax knowledge or wish to refresh their knowledge on the latest updates
- Any individual who wishes to gain some basic tax knowledge and comprehension on property taxation