PSD2 and Open Banking
PSD2 (Revised Payment Services Directive) is the directive that disrupts traditional banking, paving the way for new and innovative payments systems, setting new requirements and new obligations to Payment Service Providers (PSPs).
Open Banking obliges banks and other account holding institutions to enable third party providers (TPPs) to access the payment account data of their clients, allowing them to provide new, innovative products and services. The Regulatory Technical Standards has set out specific requirements on strong customer authentication and secure communication between banks or other account holding institutions and TPPs.
The programme looks at the key changes established by PSD2 compared to PSD1, the six Titles of the Directive, the PSD2 Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) and Open Banking, but also provides an understanding of how all these are brought together to ensure customer protection.
By the end of the programme the participants will be able to:
- Understand the new features brought by PSD2 compared to PSD1
- Be familiar with the key provisions of the Directive
- Explain what Open Banking is and what are its implications
- Understand the requirements for Strong Customer Authentication and Dynamic Linking
- From PSD1 to PSD2
- The six Titles of PSD2
- New types of licenses
- Transparency requirements
- Customer protection
- Related regulations
- Regulatory Technical Standards (RTS) and Open Banking
- Strong Customer Authentication
- Dynamic Linking
The programme includes short lectures supported by power-point presentations that aim to explain the main issues while providing the grounds for in-depth deliberation and debate. Furthermore, participants will have the opportunity to pose questions and further discuss during the Q&A section of the seminar. They will also benefit from group work, where they will be called to brainstorm and offer their views for the matters discussed.
This programme may be approved for up to 5 CPD units in Financial Regulation. Eligibility criteria and CPD Units are verified directly by your association, regulator or other bodies which you hold membership.
Professionals requiring CPD units to meet the education requirements for CySEC licence renewal, and/or for maintaining other professional memberships/certifications which accept CPD in Financial Regulation, are advised to consider training subjects in categories that indicate CPD training in Financial Regulation.
Who Should Attend
The programme is ideal for:
- C-Level Executives and Senior Managers
- Money Laundering Compliance Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Compliance Staff
- Sales and Buisness Development Executives
- Internal Lawyers
- Lawyers and Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Card Operation Managers
- Electronic Banking Managers
- Legal Services professionals
- Members of Innovation Labs
- Licensed or non-licensed Third Party Providers (TPPs)