Regulatory Requirements for Investment Research, Investment Advice and Portfolio Management
The MiFID II/MiFIR regulatory requirements have applied since 3 January 2018. This new legislative framework strengthens investor protection and improves the functioning of financial markets making them more efficient, resilient and transparent.
In this workshop participants will have the opportunity to examine and discuss the practical implementation, as well as the application challenges, of MiFID II relating to Investment Research, Investment Advice and Portfolio Management.
By the end of the programme, participants will:
- Understand the concepts Introduced by PRIIPS regulation
- Recognize major requirements before during and after providing a MiFiD 2 service
- Understand the basics about Investments
- Learn how MiFID II and Delegated Regulations affect Investment Advice and Portfolio Management
- Understand the basics for Social/mirror/copy Trading
The concepts introduced by PRIIPS regulation
- KID Structure
- Product Governance test for companies
- Product Governance test to clients
Major requirements before, during and after providing a MiFiD II service
- Appropriateness test
- Suitability Assessment
- Suitability report
- Safeguarding of Client Assets
- What is Investment Research?
- What is Investment Advice
- Principles of Investment Advice
- What is the difference between Investment Research and Investment Advice?
- What is Portfolio Management?
- Who is eligible to provide those services?
MiFID II and Delegated Regulations effects on
- Investment Recommendations
- Investment Research
- Investment Advise
- Independent Investment Advise
- Portfolio Management
- Information to Clients before during and after the service
- What is social trading?
- What is mirror trading?
- What is copy trading?
- Investment Advice or Portfolio Management or both or none?
The programme is designed to deliver knowledge and enhance participants’ skills via short lectures and discussion sessions. There will be ample opportunity for delegates to benchmark experiences with industry peers and raise issues of most concern to their organisation, either confidentially or in open session.
Who Should Attend
The programme is ideal for:
- Professional Investment Advisers
- Compliance Professionals
- Risk Management Professionals
- Senior Management
- Marketing Professionals
- Portfolio Management Professionals
- FinTech professionals selling Products & Services to Portfolio Managers
- Internal Lawyers
- External Lawyers, Accountants and Financial Consultants
- Other Professionals involved in the task of promoting and providing financial products and who need to understand the different roles and responsibilities, as well as their regulatory constraints