Gain an understanding of the most widely used repo master agreement in the financial markets through this in-depth training course with a duration of one day.
Ernst van den Broek will provide delegates with an introduction on the repo market, the types of products traded in this market and the legal and risk issues which might affect repos. He then covers all the provisions of the GMRA 2011 thoroughly as well as outlining the differences between it and the older but still used GMRA 2000.
At the end of the day there is a practical negotiation exercise which gives you an opportunity to apply the knowledge learnt during the course.
- Review in-depth all the provisions of the new GMRA 2011 and its Annex I
- Receive comprehensive course documentation including a transcript of the verbal delivery of the course to keep for future reference
- Gain an understanding of the repo market and the types of products which are traded
- Explore legal and risk related issues
- Consolidate knowledge through a practical negotiation exercise
The training style will include the presentation of all the material using slides and handouts. The trainer will use practical examples to elaborate various concepts as well as show various videos that highlight particular course concepts and encourage class discussion. Participants will engage in exchange of ideas and sharing of knowledge on the subject matter. Participants will also be able to ask questions and obtain clarifications from the trainer on all the material covered.
Who Should Attend
Principally, this workshop is ideal for people with 0-5 years experience from Financial Institutions, Investment Banks, Law Firms, Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Corporations and Regulators, included:
- Legal Counsel
- Documentation specialists
- Treasury staff
- Risk Managers
- Middle Office & Back Office Managers
- Collateral Management specialists