In our fast-moving world, the risks we have to manage evolve quickly. It is imperative that we minimise the threats and maximise the potential of today’s risks. Global risk and uncertainty remains at a high level due to political, social and technological changes and increased regulatory pressures.
The search for profitable opportunities can lead to excessive risk taking. This emphasises the need for risk management in all areas of the business – highlighting the importance of operational risk and reputational risk. Organizations that recognize the importance of managing risk can benefit from implementing a formal risk management system and procedures.
This course will explain the theory and practice of risk management, with an emphasis on understanding the principles of risk management and the more complex tools used by the experts. Delegates will gain comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental principles, framework and process of Risk Management based on ISO 31000.
During this training course, the participant will gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Risk Management and be able to effectively apply them in an organization in order to successfully implement a Risk Management process.
- Understand the fundamental concepts and principles of ISO 31000 standards
- Acquire knowledge on how to apply the risk management principles to ensure the effective implementation of a risk management process based on ISO 31000 and other best practices
- Comprehend the approaches, methods and techniques used to manage risk within an organization
- Learn how to interpret ISO 31000 recommendations regarding the design and implementation of a risk management framework
Who should attend
- Managers or consultants responsible for the effective management of risk within an organization
- Individuals seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of Risk Management concepts, processes and principles
- Advisor involved in Risk Management
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in Risk Management
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
Participants will receive a certificate for successful completion of the course indicating all topics covered
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Risk Management, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO 31000 Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and skills to effectively manage a risk process in an organization. Fees apply for the Certification exam.